Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Senior Manager, Email Marketing
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is looking for a marketing leader to own the email channel along with important retention marketing efforts in lead generation and our refer-a-friend program. In this role, you will develop and drive the Minted email marketing calendar across business units, including all seasonal campaigns and promotions, and will concept and execute personalized email experiences that drive revenue, engage customers, and continue the growth and diversification of the Minted brand. In addition, you will be primarily responsible for driving the broader testing and optimization roadmap within retention and setting strategies to improve list size (through lead gen) and referral marketing programs.
As the Sr. Mgr., Email Marketing, you will lead a team of 3 people, and will report to Minted’s Director of Marketing. You will also work closely with a cross-functional team to shape our marketing strategy and execute it effectively. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a pioneering and innovative e-commerce brand. Note that this is a maternity coverage role planned to run through December 2020, but we are excited to find more opportunities in the marketing organization in the long term for a motivated candidate.
- Drive email marketing planning and execution for seasonal and promotional campaigns for multiple Minted businesses (i.e. wedding, holiday, art, baby & kids)
- Create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications that will drive customer engagement, maintain the premium nature of the Minted brand, and support the company’s strategic goals
- Analyze performance of email strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of email performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, competitor behavior, historical successes
- Drive lead generation across both paid and onsite sources to grow email lists with qualified, high-converting prospects
- Steward development of our burgeoning referral program and improve segmentation of follow-on and lifecycle campaigns related to adoption and redemption
- Manage and optimize the email production process, from initial briefing to final site or email launch, partnering with our Creative Operations team
- Manage, coach, and develop your team members to do their best work
- Deeply quantitative and analytical, with a keen understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing performance metrics. You turn to the numbers in understanding and solving problems
- Equally comfortable forming an innovative and effective strategy from 30,000 feet high and zooming into the weeds to drive daily and flawless execution with a high attention to detail
- Experienced in email marketing, with knowledge of email best practices, key performance drivers, and toolsets.
- Intuitive and insightful in understanding the consumer path to purchase in e-commerce, including how they shop, and what drives them to select Minted products among other options
- Self-driven and comfortable with fast-changing, dynamic environments with ambitious schedules and plans; you prioritize correctly while never letting any of the balls in the air drop
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of marketing experience in e-commerce/digital marketing
- Specific experience with email strategy and execution
- A passion for Minted’s products and mission