Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
The Staff Accountant position is part of the Accounting and Finance team at Minted. Come join us to lead Accounts Payable activities (50%), General Ledger reconciliations (30%), Payroll Support (10%) and Special Projects (10%). This position will be based in Kansas City and will work both independently and directly with our team and business partners to support Minted’s growth and drive scale. The role reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Lead AP activities:
○ Own the Accounts Payable (AP) process with assistance from the outsourced AP team and automation via Bill.com. ○ Ensure that the processed invoices are recorded accurately and timely via Bill.com. ○ Supervise the work product of the outsourced AP team to ensure accuracy of processed bills and reconciliations. ○ Analyze AP aging on a monthly basis and clear out old outstanding aging balances using reconciliations between different systems (Bill.com and QuickBooks). ○ Communicate professionally with internal and external business partners to manage payments and AP related inquiries.
- Support General Ledger reconciliations:
○ Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all general ledger coding to maintain accurate tracking of over 30 different department budgets. ○ Take ownership of month-end close responsibilities, including cash reconciliations and bank uploads, deposits, debt reconciliations and tracking of vendor bills for completeness. Record journal entries in accounting system as part of month-end close process. ○ Ensure employee reimbursement and expense reports are processed timely and accurately via Expensify. ○ Oversee accounting email inbox to ensure external and internal inquiries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner. ○ Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Support Payroll activities:
○ Partner with Payroll Manager to act as a backup to complete payroll as needed. ○ Provide assistance with reconciliations and recurring processes relating to payroll, including processing final payroll checks and completing pre and post payroll reconciliations.
- Lead ad hoc projects: ○ Prepare special reports and support ad hoc projects as needed. ○ Prepare in-house manual checks on an as-needed basis. ○ Own and streamline the current 1099 process and provide IRS 1099 Form to all appropriate vendors and Minted Artists at year-end. ○ Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business.
- Obsessed with details with a strong focus on achieving precision and accuracy in your role and day-to-day.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against multiple competing priorities which may include simultaneously researching discrepancies and solve problems.
- A collaborative thinker with the ability to challenge the status quo. You enjoy working with others to gather feedback and input and thrive in an environment where your work is critical to the team’s success.
- Discreet, able to maintain confidential information.
- Analytical with ability to evaluate and anticipate business trends.
- Intellectually curious and interested in driving improvement in your role.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics, Accounting, or Finance
- High Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com and Expensify a plus
- Demonstrated clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Team player attitude
- CPA track desired