Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists
Minted Fulfillment Facility Manager
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is seeking a talented, highly analytical and passionate Facility Manager. This individual will play a critical role in the running and scaling of a manufacturing operation to support a growing business. The Facility Manager must be process and detail oriented, quality minded and understands the needs of an efficient and high quality operation. The ideal candidate is a quick learner, great with data and a creative problem solver who enjoys being a team leader in a fast paced, changing environment. This position is located in Hayward, California.
* Recruit, manage and motivate a team that takes pride in accuracy and timely order fulfillment while maintaining Minted’s high quality product and packaging standards
* Be responsible for maximizing productivity through proper employee cross training, continuous resource allocation, and ongoing equipment maintenance
* Effectively translate forecasted demand into capacity management plans that meet shipping due dates and minimize WIP carryover
* Actively manage the monthly operating expenses in relation to financial budgetary targets
* Design a preventative maintenance and care schedule to ensure cumulative equipment uptime exceeds 95%
* Develop and maintain cost, productivity, and quality metrics to identify bottlenecks, process inefficiencies and areas of waste (inventory, labor, materials)
* Enforce safety policies and procedures, as employee safety and well-being is paramount
* Ensure close interaction with Supply Chain, Customer Service, New Product Development and other cross functional teams for ongoing projects
* Maintain raw materials and finished goods inventory through an effective cycle count program
* Analyze current system capabilities and work with leadership to improve those system capabilities or look for alternative systems that will maximize ROI
* A leader that knows how to cultivate a trusting open relationship with their team
* Detailed oriented, operations minded with a propensity towards process optimization
* You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others
* A detailed-oriented problem solver that likes to challenge status-quo
* BS degree in Business Management or related field
* 4+ years of operations supervisory experience with a track record of leading successful and high performing teams
* Strong knowledge of warehouse management systems
* Direct work experience within a manufacturing or warehouse pick and pack operation
* Strong familiarity with retail e-commerce direct to consumer operations
* Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
* Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
* Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Medical, dental, and vision
Catered lunch multiple times a week, plus coffee and snacks
50% Employee discounts at Minted.com and 25% for friends and family
Minted at a glance
Minted focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Design, and Art. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Minted has raised $87M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.