Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to be a part of our Growth team. As a member of this team, you will be building products that will help independent designers start, scale and grow their business on Minted.com. You will be building a world class crowdsourcing platform that enables creatives from around the world to grow professionally, educate the community and enables them to learn from each other while participating in crowdsourced design challenges hosted by Minted.
As a senior member of the Growth Team, you will serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects. You have a user-focused mindset and a strong sense of stewardship toward products you’ve helped build. You will create elegant object-oriented designs, both for module and service level interactions to drive the development of our e-commerce functionality and provide technical leadership to junior engineers on the team.
As part of the Growth Team, you will have the opportunity to work out of our Sunnyvale office or out of our San Francisco headquarters. You will work on a customized product, increasing brand touch-points, and will have a great impact on the organization and the marketplace.
- Design and develop a beautiful, responsive and fun-filled world-class web experience
- Own high impact and high visibility engineering projects end to end
- Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our artist community and customers
- Build and maintain backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources (memory, disk, I/O, etc)
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, production and artist relations teams to deliver projects with measurable business results
- Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
- Advance your technical knowledge and skill set with talks, training sessions, and 1:1 mentorship of junior engineers
- Experienced with Apache Flink, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Apache Spark Streaming, or other related technologies such as Hadoop
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced, agile e-commerce environment
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, specifically DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SNS, EC2, CloudFormation, ELB, VLC, and ASG
- Experienced with Packer, Docker, Ansible, Puppet
- Experienced in React.js, HTML, CSS
- 3+ years professional experience developing and maintaining components on high-traffic websites
- Deep technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based design and scaling
- Experience working on, and an understanding of, both client-side and server-side code
- Experience designing complex front-end components and accurately estimating scope and risks
- Strong SQL and database modeling skills, and experience with building ORMs and business objects within the server-side architecture.
- A go-to person for diagnosing tricky issues with multi-threaded applications
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?