Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Senior Manager of Supply Chain, e-commerce Operations
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is seeking a highly analytical, passionate and seasoned operations leader to join our team as the Senior Manager of Supply Chain Operations. The individual will be accountable for scaling and streamlining our on-demand print operations in the rapidly growing online Art and Home Décor verticals. They must be detail oriented, quality minded, and customer centric. They should be experienced in building and maintaining an in-sourced/out-sourced manufacturing operation. The ideal candidate is a quick learner, creative problem solver who enjoys being a team leader in a fast paced, changing environment. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Oversee the seamless flow of raw materials and finished goods inventory from point of origin through final delivery
- Help to lead a team obsessed with streamlining manufacturing processes to eliminate waste and achieve superior product quality
- Responsible for overseeing, trending, and performing root cause analysis on COGS with the creativity to find cost savings opportunities without sacrificing quality
- Become a power-user of our inventory tracking and management system and identify functional enhancements that will improve inventory visibility
- Build, automate and maintain analytical models that will ensure timely and accurate production schedule to support optimal inventory levels during peak/non-peak
- Own the operational roll-out project plan and execution schedules for the successful launch of new products (NPI)
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that ensure on-going manufacturing productivity and performance
- Streamline raw materials and packaging procurement to drive consistency and reduce overhead
- Research and cultivate new 3rd party supplier and manufacturer relationships to build for future demand, provide sourcing flexibility, drive down cost and introduce competition
- Control operating expense budget and inventory accuracy
- A quick learner and a creative problem solver who is detail oriented with a keen ability to identify process and data gaps
- Obsessed with product quality and operational excellence
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment where flexibility, adaptability and nimbleness prevail
- A strong communicator (written and verbal) and active listener who comes with an open-mind and is able to effectively incorporate cross-functional partners in key decisions
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it
- 5+ years experience in consulting, operations, and supply chain with an affinity towards e-commerce and/or retail
- Bachelor's Degree, in a relevant field, required.
- Experience in managing third party provider performance and cost
- A strong quantitative background in building cost/benefit, production capacity, inventory allocation and replenishment models
- Experience with SQL, Excel and other programming tools (i.e. R, SAS)