Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
As Minted’s Corporate Controller, you are responsible for accounting, tax, payroll operations, equity administration and maintenance of systems, controls and procedures. You will lead a team to support Minted’s operational activity and will also implement systems and processes to support our growth. This role reports to the CFO.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Lead revenue recognition policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with Minted’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for the general ledger, tax, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, artist payments, financial reporting, stock plan administration and external audit relationships.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and our financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of Minted’s high-growth business.
- Partner with department leaders to understand key issues and business drivers.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- As a critical leader, the Controller will build relationships and partner with all departments to provide data and insights to help managers run the company and make effective decisions.
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and own critical decision-making responsibilities to build the team and infrastructure.
- Someone with a proven track record of leading and developing top-tier accounting teams.
- Experienced in retail, e-commerce, consumer packaged goods, or internet/technology.
- Adept at manipulating, analyzing and auditing large volumes of data.
- 10+ years experience, currently a Director of Accounting, Assistant Controller, or Controller preferably in both US and Global operating environments.
- 4+ years audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm.A strong technical accounting background, CPA required.
- Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness (a big plus).ERP implementation experience (also a big plus).Excellent communication skills, written and oral