Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists.
Staff UI Engineer (KC)
Minted is looking for a Senior UI Engineer committed to helping us create a beautiful component library for interfacing design with engineering. We are seeking well-rounded people who have a passion for user experience and a background building rich, scalable, modular JS component frameworks.
- Own the React component library used across Minted's front-end applications and refactor code to use modular components
- Develop a modular, flexible library of components for use across all of Minted's websites
- Teach and evangelize best practices in HTML & CSS to improve reliability, performance, and accessibility
- Work with the front end team to reduce bundle size and improve build times
- Provide insight into current best practices for UI engineering and help to drive decisions around framework and tool choices
- Help onboard and mentor junior engineers to advance their front-end knowledge and skill set
- Work with the design team to develop and maintain our design system
- Passionate about design and creating great experiences
- Interested in open source and early adoption of future standards
- 5+ years of experience working on high-impact, design-focused and consumer-driven sites
- Experience with React or other modern web frameworks
- A design background or have worked closely with designers in the past
- Experience creating modular component frameworks
- A holistic understanding of application design and performance
- Experience leading complex Front-End projects and accurately estimating scope and risks
- Worked on e-commerce sites with all the browser-compatibility challenges that come from supporting IE 11
- Experience with typescript, graphQL, node.js
- Professional experience in interaction design
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?