Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists
Senior Engineering Manager$150k – $180k • 0.01% – 0.02%
Minted is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineering Manager for our Front-End team. The Front-End engineering team are the shepherds of our server-side rendering and client-side single-page application architectures, as well as serving as consultants and front-end thought leaders for the rest of the engineering organization. Recent Front-End team projects include a greenfield project for product customization, developing a new React and Emotion based component library, constantly improving site-wide features including typography, the header and footer, and creating rich micro-applications such as the recently launched Minted Monogram Maker.
At Minted engineering, we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
- Own the execution and delivery of mostly React-based engineering projects
- Carve out the Front End engineering team’s identity and help them to execute their mission
- Work with product and engineering leadership to help define our vision for the next generation of the Minted platform
- Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability, testing, and measurement grounded in a meritocracy
- Mentor team members to help them grow both technically and in their careers
- Recruit and retain a high-caliber engineering team
- Obsessive about creating beautiful responsive web experiences
- Opinionated about development, testing, release processes, and corresponding team organization
- Passionate about managing and mentoring engineers
- Up to speed with the latest web technologies and industry best practices
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborative and candid with non-engineering stakeholders including PM and UX
- 5+ years professional experience as a software developer
- 3+ years experience as a hands-on engineering manager
- Experience with a modern UI/application framework (React, Ember, Angular, Vue) and Responsive design
- Experience creating high-traffic web experiences
- Experience developing e-commerce applications
- Experience with A/B testing, monitoring, and alerting
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?