UX Design Lead (f/d/m)$110k – $120k
MING Labs is looking for a UX Design Lead to join our Singapore studio. In this position, most importantly you’ll play an active role in the leadership and shaping of our local UX Design team. As well as in creating, building and cultivating new and existing client relationships. Within our interdisciplinary teams, you’ll be accountable for delivering user experiences that make users’ lives a little better. We appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and embrace collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like you — amazing, we’d definitely like to hear from you!
Now that you get the idea, onto the details of some of your main responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership and spread the value of UX. You will explore state-of-the-art digital product/service design and promote trends with our business stakeholders.
- Lead the end-to-end UX process of projects we’re doing for some of the most reputable companies in Singapore. This involves the following tasks:
- Help to define the project objectives and frame problems, including research activities.
- Contribute to the value proposition definition and business modelling activities.
- Collect and prioritize business and technical requirements.
- Conceptualize UX solutions and guide the team in the sketch of the ideas.
- Guide the design team in the production of wireframes, user flows, mockups and prototypes.
- Validate work with stakeholders and target audiences.
- Running iteration calls with clients.
- Propose, plan and guide the conduction of qualitative and quantitative user research activities -including user and stakeholder interviews, concept validations, usability testing sessions, etc.
- Review collaborators’/vendors’ work on a regular basis and provide clear design directions to meet project goals and ensure top-notch outcomes.
- Propose, plan and facilitate Design Thinking and UX focused workshops with stakeholders, clients, users and external vendors.
- Provide feedback, develop and lead a multicultural team of talented UX designers. You’ll also actively participate in the recruitment process of new team members.
- Actively move new business initiatives and solution pitches forward by demonstrating concepts’ value that is supported by users’ inputs.
- Build and maintain relationships (quality outcomes, exploration of new opportunities, etc) with the existing main clients.
- Manage the UX Design team capacity and plan the weekly work to maintain/increase your team’s billability rates.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of professional experience in interaction, digital product and service design.
- A strong understanding of Human Centered Design methods and processes.
- Relevant agency experience in a top international player as well as excellent people management and team development skills.
- Proven experience working in the development of client relationships.
- An impressive portfolio of UX focused work samples for digital products and services.
- An advanced degree in service, interaction, digital product design or similar.
- Excellent English language skills.
- We appreciate a pragmatic design approach, the ability to resolve issues quickly, to be imaginative and to dare to fail — but more importantly, to elicit an emotional response in the people we work with and for.
Why MING Singapore?
- Here at MING Labs, your ideas matter (a lot). You’ll have the opportunity to shape every piece of your work.
- Our international team is full of passionate, cooperative and motivated people that excel at their professions (and are fun to work with, too).
- A broad and interesting spectrum of projects to design for, there’s always something new to learn - our clients are keeping us busy, also during Corona times!
- Direct interaction with our clients.
- An inspiring and relaxed office culture including regular team events, free snacks and more.
- Competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, and you’re available anytime soon, brush up your CV and apply via minglabs.com/carers/. We look forward to hearing from you!
What’s MING Labs? Digital design agency? Business design consultancy? Service design partner? We can keep coming up with three-word descriptors, but it’s kind of hard to put eight years of work into a three-word descriptor. So let’s talk about what we do: MING Labs helps companies change their processes and workflows, introducing best design practices to the B2B settings. There are fancy terms for this such as digital transformation and business enablement, but we’re opting for more straightforward ones. In fact, design is the core of our work. With offices in Berlin, Munich, New York, Singapore, Shanghai and Suzhou we like to think we’re a truly global company. And as it happens, our clients include digital innovation and transformation units from some of the most reputable brands globally, including BASF, BMW, BOSCH, Lufthansa, Mann+Hummel, Munich Re, Siemens, Schneider Electric, UTC and many more.
MING Labs at a glance
MING Labs focuses on Web Design, Web Development, and User Experience Design. Their company has offices in Singapore, Berlin, Shanghai, Munich, and Suzhou. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.