A better way to renew and refill mental health prescriptions
Lead Designer$120k – $130k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Minded is an innovative new consumer telehealth company that will improve the lives of millions of Americans at a critical time. We give people who take medication for mental health a better way to renew and refill their prescriptions, with online visits and home delivery.
Americans spend $89 billion on mental health and get over 300 million prescriptions filled per year. As a result of the pandemic, telehealth has reached a tipping point, and regulations for prescribing mental health medication remotely have eased. While many companies are struggling, we’re in the right place at the right time, and recently closed a seed round co-led by two top tier VCs.
The Minded team includes successful entrepreneurs, experienced engineers, and innovative healthcare experts. Some of us take mental health medication, and others prescribe it, so we’ve personally experienced the frustration around the current offline experience, like having to visit a doctor every three months just to renew the same prescription we’ve had for years. We co-founded Stash, which has helped nearly 5 million people start investing, and Pager, a leading telehealth communications platform. Our medical team is led by one of the foremost experts in psychiatric telehealth, licensed in over 30 states.
Minded is looking for a high-energy visual designer with proven skills in UX and UI product and marketing design and an appetite to innovate and participate in an early stage high-growth company.
What you'll do:
- Design an elegant web-based product that helps people get better access to psychiatric care.
- Develop the visual language for a new era of digital mental healthcare products.
- Participate in a world-class development process with clear goals, a focused team, and low overhead.
- Support product, engineering and marketing to deliver design solutions across different parts of the company.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to explain the “why” behind your work.
- Ability to balance the priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Visual design and prototyping skills.
- You are extremely comfortable with Figma.
- At least 5 years of professional design experience; previous work at an early-stage startup is desirable.
- You enjoy the ambiguity of early stage challenges, and embrace the opportunity to define the solutions we bring to patients.
- You’re more interested in getting things done right with a high attention to detail, than just getting it done.
- You think fast and slow. You are comfortable with more questions than answers.
- You have deep knowledge of design principles across web products.
- You have experience creating or working with design systems.
- You have experience working cross-functionally to drive strategy, vision and execution.
This is a remote position through 2020, but we expect that you to work from our office in NYC once everyone is able.