Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial solutions
Backend Engineer, Engineering
Reporting into the CTO, the Senior Backend Engineer will be a key member of the engineering team, building the back end services and infrastructure team essential to our growing business. Over time, we expect you to grow by learning and practicing technical ownership, promoting best practices in coding and architecture, collaborating with and mentoring other members of the engineering team through code reviews and paired programming, and becoming a vocal advocate of their engineering forward culture.
- The backend technology stack includes the following:
- Python for handling long running internal processes
- Applications are hosted in AWS
- We use GIT for source control
- You will:
- Develop and maintain key internal and public-facing back end systems such as user management microservices
- Design redundant and scalable architectures for high performance web and mobile delivery across multiple platforms
- Engineer simple and elegant solutions to challenging problems, working towards an overall team goal of 99.99% uptime
- Design and engineer secure RESTful APIs Updating legacy code to implement cutting edge tech.
Bonus Points for:
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Good knowledge of authentication, encryption and security techniques
- Experience building CMS and reporting systems
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Proficiency in Node.js and ES6+
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Good knowledge of continuous delivery
- Good knowledge of microservices
- Good knowledge of software fundamentals design/architectural patterns.
Milo Credit at a glance
Milo Credit focuses on Financial Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Credit, and Emerging Markets. Their company has offices in Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.