Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial solutions
Lead Closer, Loan Operations
About Milo Credit:** Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world. We are the first digital home lending solution for global consumer and investors who want to buy or cash out of their US real estate. We lend directly to our consumers through a world class digital multi-language platform. We are a venture backed fintech startup. *The Opportunity: * **The Milo Credit team has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Loan Closer to lead and buildout the Milo Credit Loan Closing team. The Closing Lead will be our first closing hire and will be responsible for closing loans, hiring & managing a team of high-quality loan closers, and driving efficiencies to reduce the time to close a loan. The Closing Lead will review file documentation and supervise staff to ensure that all document preparation and pre-closing information has been logged into the Loan Origination System in order to produce the Closing Disclosure form. In addition, prepare files and delivery of electronic closing documentation to settlement/title agent for closing; verify that documents were properly executed in order to properly book the loan; prepare wire request from accounting in order to fund the loan; requests any corrections if loan was not properly executed; Ensure that loans to be sold are delivered to investors; performs other miscellaneous tasks as a work unit.
- Review original closing documents to ensure they were properly executed.
- Follow up in a timely fashion to receive all corrections on closing documents.
- Partner with Capital Markets team to answer any investor questions.
- Follow up on, review, request corrections on all trailing documents.
- Manage a large loan queue in a timely fashion.
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity.
- Bring your wits, strategies, and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- Assist in training and teaching newer team members.
- Escalate to management all unresolved issues, where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain work flows for all states of documents preparation, closing, filed documentation, funding of loans, and delivery of loans to investors. Handles multiple assignments and gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Sends out loan package to title agents through loan origination system once Closing Disclosure is approved.
- Reviews funding items by fax; disburses funds and issues funding number. Prepares wire transfer for disbursement.
- Reviews and prepares vendor payment requests for Residential Lending appraisal, credit report, and flood services provided for submission to accounting.
- Reviews file for regulatory compliance.
- Attend weekly pipeline meetings with to assure loans projected to close are on time
- Respond to internal and external audits.
- Keep department staff continuously updated on changes in products, procedures, and policies.
- Working knowledge of Investor underwriting and funding guidelines in order to assist management in loan delivery to partners.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working in Encompass or another LOS.
- Experience underwriting and/or closing foreign national loans at a regional bank.
- Having a network of other high-quality processors/underwriters/closers that would be interested in joining the team.
- Independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years at a bank in their residential mortgage lending department with good knowledge of lending post-closing and quality assurance practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment.
- PC proficient at the intermediate level.
- Comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
Milo Credit at a glance
Milo Credit focuses on Financial Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Credit, and Emerging Markets. Their company has offices in Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.