Ocean degradable and home compostable packaging materials made from upcycled food waste
Digital Marketing Intern$0k – $2k • No equity
Mi Terro is the world’s only biotechnology company that upcycles and re-engineers food waste into biodegradable fibers to replace plastic. We are based in Los Angeles. We are proud to create eco-friendly and high-quality products made from food waste. Now seeking a Digital Marketing Intern who will coordinate the strategy, editorial calendar, and execution of all content across owned social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn, among others. Work remotely is acceptable.
What You Will Do
• Create and curate compelling social media content that boosts brand awareness and drives prospects into marketing automation programs.
• Manage both weekly and monthly content calendars.
• Has a strong understanding of social analytics, understands how data can inform a smart editorial strategy and ongoing optimizations.
• Produce marketing/sales collaterals towards our upcoming partnership(s).
• Manage email campaigns, maintain and grow emailing lists.
• Contact journalists and reporters to feature the brand.
• The ideal candidate for this position has a forward-thinking mindset that compels you to help us create a better future and is driven to decode the ever-changing social and competitive landscape to identify trends and opportunities.
What is Required
• 1-2 years related work experience.
• Proven experience hitting key social metrics.
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally to create and curate content (photos, graphics, videos, GIFs, platform specific content such as IG stories), that maintains and follows brand voice/tone while aligning with marketing calendar and other messaging initiatives.
• Excellent brief writing abilities.
• Positive attitude and ability to receive feedback constructively.
• Know Google Analytics.
• Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly.
• Organized with high attention to detail.
• Previous experience with copywriting and/or ghostwriting preferred but not required.
• Passionate about saving our environment (very important!)
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 16~40 hours/week upon availability
Duration: 2~4 months
This is a non-paid internship that intends to help people transit into and learn about startup and join the once in a lifetime opportunity to redefine circular economy.
To apply, please send a brief elaboration (within 250 words) of your interest, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship - Fall 2020 - POSITION NAME - YOUR FULL NAME”. Thank you!
Mi Terro at a glance
Mi Terro focuses on B2B, Advanced Materials, Fashion, Agriculture, and Environmental Innovation. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Mi Terro has raised $150K of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020 at a valuation of $2M.