Predicting overall mental health deterioration before it happens
Backend Developer InternNo salary • No equity
mettleAI is on a mission to revolutionize mental health treatment and allow people to treat it in the same way they treat their physical health. The company is working with and partnered with several top healthcare organizations and educational institutions including Canadian Mental Health Association, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, and more. We are a portfolio company at MaRS, accepted to several incubators, and were recently selected as a Techcrunch Top Pick Company in the Biotech + Healthtech category.
mettleAI leverages ML/AI to predict substance abuse relapse and overall mental health deterioration before it happens using a mobile application for patients undergoing outpatient mental health treatment. mettleAI quantifies subjective risk identifiers (stress, social isolation, etc.) through passive data collected from a phone and moves mental health treatment from an “art” and reactive care to a more science-based and proactive form. Through mettleAI’s real-time insights collected from digital footprints, healthcare providers are enabled to make better clinical judgments and personalized treatment plans to ultimately improve patient outcomes.
We’re a lean startup and unfortunately with this landscape, this is currently an unpaid internship or with a milestone based compensation. We can do paid full-time/part-time if we are a good fit.
- Developing backend core functionality and features using MERN stack
- Work with front end developers and devops
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Assist with the development of the backend application and devops
*Who you are: *
- Junior or Senior in a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Software Engineering program
- You have worked in, or are passionate about, healthcare/healthtech
- You are inquisitive, you question, and you learn, constantly. You search for the best answers.
- You get stuff done; you love to roll up your sleeves and prototype / code.
- Hungry to level up!
- Feel comfortable asking questions
Here’s our description of our ideal developer. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything on this list.
Experience / Technology Stack:
- 2+ years of backend or devops experience with MERN stack
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL data stores, MongoDB
- Experience with developing REST APIs, GraphQL ( bonus if on Docker or AWS )
- Experience with authentication, authorization, JWT, with customer focused applications
- Working understanding of productionizing & deploying NodeJS and MongoDB servers Docker containers on the cloud
- A portfolio of personal projects that demonstrate your interest and coding ability (eg Github repository) isn’t essential but preferred
- Experience with version control, preferably Github
- Extra: Experience in developing and implementing machine learning algorithms for information extraction, natural language understanding, pattern recognition and predictive analytics
mettleAI at a glance
mettleAI focuses on Healthcare, Personal Health, Digital Health, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.