The online retailer of music merch
Full Stack Software Engineer
Merchbar’s Engineers are the backbone of Merchbar and each have a personal, direct impact on a product that supports hundreds of thousands of artists and reaches many millions of fans.
Our organization is small and individual roles are deep - all of our engineers contribute across the entire stack and develop through all stages of development from scoping and architecture to implementation, scaling and optimization.
Here’s a preview of the work you’d do in this role at Merchbar
- Collaborate with engineers and others in all phases of development from concept to launch
- Ship customer-facing storefront features to millions of users
- Extend and improve the integrations that connect us to hundreds of external merchandise systems, keeping our inventory fresh and orders on track
- Use image recognition to improve our product classifications
- Create new data models and update our PostgreSQL schema. Write efficient, optimized SQL queries
- Brainstorm and implement a series of A/B tests to improve our checkout flow
- Build internal tools and automations that empower your non-technical coworkers
- Help improve our software development process and engineering best practices as our team continues to grow
Here is what we’re looking for in you
- Experience/comfort working with 3rd Party APIs
- A continual desire to learn. Experience with our technology stack is not required (Node, Bootstrap, Python, Flask, Celery, Postgres, etc.), but the possibility of learning a new framework is exciting to you
- Great communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, and support team members
- Fluency with data, including the ability to choose the right metrics and use basic probability and statistics to guide decision-making and prove ideas right or wrong
- Creative, flexible, and resourceful problem-solving skills. In an environment where time and resources are always limited, you realize the perfect solution is not always the right one.
- An eagerness to help your coworkers. When things break, you’re ready to jump in and help.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Professional/Career Development
Merchbar at a glance
Merchbar focuses on E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and Marketplaces. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Merchbar has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2014.