We’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter, with technology that simply works
Director, Data Science & Analytics
As a director you will lead a small but growing central data team, whose mission is to inform, assist, and empower teams at Meraki through data tools and insights. We are looking for you to come ready to demonstrate your technical background, strong business acumen and solid people skills. This role will require you to lead the team towards objectives, understand and drive focus on business priorities, provide guidance and mentorship on data infrastructure and science, build strong business relationships, and help galvanize a data community at Meraki.
This role is based in San Francisco and will report to our Director of Strategy & Analytics.
What you will do
* Build vision and roadmap for team
* Actively hire data analysts and scientists
* Build career paths for team members
* Provide direction on the building out of our central data infrastructure and business intelligence applications
* Mentor team members on data science principles and advanced analytical approaches
* Prioritize team’s work and focus based on business needs
* Set standards and review work of team members
* Ensure data quality and consistency methods are being adhered to across the organization
* Guide organizational leaders on data best practices
Who you are
* Undergraduate degree in a technical field (e.g., engineering, science, math, statistics) as well as a PhD in a relevant field
* 5-8 years of experience in business analytics, consulting, data science, business intelligence, data quality, and/or data engineering
* 2+ years of management experience
* Demonstrated execution of outcomes against objectives and deadlines
* Strong analytical intuition and business acumen
* Interest in and ability to understand cloud networking technologies
* Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Meraki at a glance
Cisco Meraki focuses on Networking, Technology, IT Management, and Corporate IT. Their company has offices in San Francisco and London. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Cisco Meraki has raised $80M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.