Helping every student succeed
Business Development Representative$55k – $70k
About Mentor Collective:
Mentor Collective is the industry-leading provider of mentoring programs and the #1 best small company to work at in Boston (https://www.builtinboston.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-boston-2020). We partner with universities to design, manage, and assess programs that give all students access to a relevant near-peer mentor. Learn more about our culture here: https://www.mentorcollective.org/join-the-team/
About the role:
BDRs are high energy professionals that drive the demand for our pioneering mentorship programs. Ideal candidates should be eager to demonstrate their ability to be sales oriented self-starters. Mentor Collective offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided tools, training, and excellent mentorship to sell mentorship programs and take your career at Mentor Collective to the next level!
Why work at Mentor Collective?
- We believe that work is a never-ending process of learning and iteration.
- We work on extremely important problems.
- Your colleagues will be smart and extremely passionate about our mission of empowering students to achieve their full potential.
- Our programs make thousands of student’s lives better by giving them access to a relevant near-peer mentor.
- We're funded by education’s most respected investors.
- You'll have the opportunity to impact higher education forever.
- Qualify, follow up, educate, and execute a substantial volume of cold leads to progress prospects further into Mentor Collective’s sales process
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Partnership Directors using Mentor Collective’s qualification criteria
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls, and email campaigns
- Utilize your active-listening skills to learn and uncover partner needs and student success obstacles to effectively communicate how Mentor Collective can solve them
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead-quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the assigned Partnership Director
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth goals
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mentor Collective’s standards; provide metrics on leads
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-starting person
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience working in or with higher education a plus
All candidates are required to have US Work Authorization.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Polly Goss at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome at Mentor Collective!
We mean it when we say everyone deserves a fair shot at success. Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion, and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.
All employees are working from home currently due to COVID-19
Work from home policy
Mentor Collective at a glance
Mentor Collective focuses on Education, Higher Education, Education Technology, and Edtech. Their company has offices in Boston and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Mentor Collective has raised $4.96M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.