Director of IT
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job:
We are hiring a Director of IT to lead cross-functional technology initiatives, as well as build and manage a team. This role will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s information systems to enable company's strategic growth goals. As the founding in-house member of the team, this role will also play a critical role in shaping and growing the IT function.
- Develop a long-term technology investment & operating plan clearly linked to the organization's core mission, strategy and financial goals.
- Establish and set the standards for the company’s hardware, network and other communication resources, including technical aspects of web applications, disaster recovery and business continuity preparedness, system security, and backup operations.
- Lead and direct cybersecurity efforts and execute security audits on a regular basis.
- Work closely with our outsourced IT partner to ensure projects and support requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage IT budgets and long-term financial projections.
- 7+ years of experience in technology leadership in an applied technology environment (preferably some time in a start-up or high-growth environment); encompassing core infrastructure, enterprise business systems, software development, data architecture and analysis, and end-user technical support.
- 3+ years in management or leadership role managing cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a budget
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic priorities into IT solutions
- Sophisticated knowledge of data architectures and analysis to facilitate staff learning and improve and advance business drivers and initiatives.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise and professionalism
- Comfort with evolving responsibilities and flexibility to adapt within a developing company
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.