Director of Data$120k – $200k • 0.0% – 0.01%
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About the role
As the founding member of the computer science team, you will create an effective
multidisciplinary organization to architect and construct a holistic platform across data,
intelligence, and R&D automation. Your team will construct user-centered software products
for user services (experimentation facilitation and data query / visualization) and create value
through data science and machine learning on Memphis Meats’ production process and
product. Lastly, you will be responsible for inspiring community around collaborative data
science and software engineering practice.
- 5-10+ years background in ML, data science, analytics, UX (including data visualization), data engineering functions, and lab automation / instrumentation
- Proven track record in creating scalable data warehouse solutions with actionable insight generation, visualization, and user interaction tools
- Experience managing multidisciplinary software teams within cross-disciplinary business settings
- History of developing practical business-aligned machine learning products
- Exposure to software topics in biology, genetics, food, bioinformatics, and / or agronomy
- Understanding for how to build broad data literacy across an organization
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.