Changing the story of health care
Finance & Operations Director$85k – $100k • 0.25% – 0.5%
Join one of DCInno’s “Startups to Watch in 2019” and help us build a next generation platform for senior life storytelling.
MemoryWell is seeking a Finance & Operations Director to manage our day to day functioning and make sure MemoryWell is operating in its most organized and optimized capacity. In this role, you will ensure that our operations stay focused on meeting strategic goals, work with other members of the team on key projects, and help manage workflow for our core life storytelling service. MemoryWell is a small startup and you will probably be asked to wear other hats along the way, so flexibility and an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges is a must.
As Finance & Operations Director you will
- Assist the CEO through a capital investment funding raise.
- Conduct investor relations
- Be the keeper of all company processes and procedures, and work to constantly improve them. • Manage our accounts payable and receivable and work with our outside accountants to keep financial reporting up to date. • Coordinate with our outside counsel and ensure MemoryWell remains compliant with applicable law. • Work cooperatively with our editorial team to advance our editorial process. • Manage our partnerships with outside vendors and contractors.
• At least 3 years of work experience in operational and/or finance roles.
• Strong skills in office software including Microsoft Office products and Salesforce.
• Orientation to detail and commitment to follow through.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships both internal and external to MemoryWell.
• Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Competitive salary plus equity and benefits
Location: Washington, DC
Please send resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email.
MemoryWell is a digital platform for elder storytelling. Our network of more than 500 professional writers works with families, senior living communities and home care providers to replace burdensome intake questionnaires with brief, intimate stories. MemoryWell's portraits build empathy and are poignant keepsakes for families.
MemoryWell grew out of our founder Jay Newton-Small's experience with her father, who was living with Alzheimer's disease. When Jay moved him into a senior living community, she was asked to fill out a long, generic questionnaire about his life. This made no sense to her: who would remember pages of hand-written data points for 150+ residents? Instead, as a longtime journalist she wrote his story for his caregivers and it transformed his life. The stories we create are available on our digital platform for families to share and add to, and they can also be printed out to make for easy offline use.
Our story has been featured in the Washington Post, CBS Evening News and on NPR, and we are telling new stories every single day. We put the person in person-centered care.