Life insurance made easy
Software Engineer (Full Stack)$125k – $165k • 0.075% – 0.1%
From electronic signatures to underwriting, engineering is at the core of everything we build. We aim to create humane software that includes only the essential complexity. Like software, we are a constant work in progress, and we believe that personal growth comes from making mistakes and exploring thorny problems. The quality of our work is driven by the diversity of our individual backgrounds and experiences.
As a Software Engineer, you will join our engineering team in building a fleet of simple tools to help parents stop procrastinating and start tackling their long term financial to-do lists. You are self-motivated, can wear many hats, and are excited to ship code that both solves challenging business problems and brings joy to our customers.
Come join us as we re-make a $650 Billion industry and work to improve the lives of millions of families.
Your role at Fabric:
- Ship code across the stack, quickly and reliably.
- Participate in design and implementation of features to grow Fabric’s core platform.
- Write tools and introduce approaches that we didn’t know we needed, helping us deliver value more quickly and efficiently.
- Contribute to an ever-evolving engineering culture.
- Help your fellow engineers grow in new and exciting ways!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of software development experience in a product-centric environment.
- Expertise building highly performant User Interfaces and the scalable, reliable APIs that hydrate them.
- Effective communication skills used in technical problem solving.
- Compassion, both for Fabric’s customers and your fellow teammates.
- Willingness to make mistakes.
- Enthusiasm for engineering and technology.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with modern, functional UI paradigms. We use React.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems with AWS. We use services like Lambda, Cognito, DynamoDb, S3, SQS, SNS, and Step Functions.
- Knowledge of financial and insurance products.
Meet your team
Fabric at a glance
Fabric focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, Insurance, Finance Technology, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Brooklyn. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Fabric has raised $12.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at https://www.meetfabric.com