Skin care, body care and period care that go with your flow
Designer$50k – $60k
Blume is seeking an innovative and trend-savvy designer to evolve our graphic design and package design to join our mission centric, fast growing DTC brand in the wellness category.
Perks of working at Blume include: your birthday off, full benefits and more.
Who you are:
- Passionate about graphic and packaging design
- Excellent eye for brand aesthetic with creative ideas
- Developed portfolio with passion in consumer design (packaging and marketing)
- Ambiguity excites you - this is a startup environment!
- Strong judgement and awareness for ongoing trends and design improvements
- You are collaborative throughout the design process and communicate consistently with the internal team with updates and edits to reach final design(s)
- Naturally attentive to detail and consistency in work
What you will do:
- Responsible for both digital design and packaging design within Blume
- Overseeing for all design and development of consumer products
- Active participant in brainstorm sessions and analytical eye for creative trends
- Improving existing product designs and analyzing working concepts launched by competitors of similar products to match quality and performance
- Ability to be very creative in email marketing / campaigns & social platforms
- Evolve Blume’s brand through graphic design projects
- Relevant experience with previous work in consumer design: packaging, dielines, graphic design (email marketing, socials)
- A post-secondary certificate or an associate’s degree in graphic design
- Advanced Creative Suite skills as they pertain to print materials. Additional CC exposure/competency an asset
- Strong knowledge of computer assisted design and launching capabilities
- Passion and understanding of analyzing industry trends and market conditions
- Exceptional eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Naturally attentive to detail
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication
- Superb portfolio
Blume is the first cohesive line of natural skin care, body care and period care products focused on puberty and beyond. We’re a small and mighty team making periods and self care easier and healthier while smashing taboos. Our team iterates fast, works hard and has aggressive goals.
Blume is growing rapidly and looking to hire driven, humble leaders. We have a highly engaged and passionate customer base with sustainable month over month growth. Our style is entrepreneurial and dynamic - every member of the team is given a lot of autonomy AND responsibility. Blume is funded by Tier 1 VCs and strategic angel investors.
Our Core Values:
- Growth Mindset - We value lifelong learning. We continue to grow through dedication and hardwork. We prioritize speed and perseverance to achieve the impossible.
- Deep Gratitude - All relationships are looked at as long term relationships. At Blume, we are grateful to be included on others’ journey’s - whether it be customers, partners, investors or our teammates. We show deep gratitude and optimize for trust.
- Extreme Ownership - Every team member has deep accountability. All problems are opportunities in disguise.
- No Ego - We focus on our mission and work egolessly. Give more credit than you take :)
If you have any 2nd or 3rd degree connections to the Blume team, please encourage them to send us a note and or / or introduce you via email.
To learn more about Blume please visit www.blume.com | @blume
Email a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight why you’re a good fit for this role and any past startup experience.
Blume at a glance
Blume focuses on E-Commerce, Health and Wellness, Subscription Businesses, and Organic. Their company has offices in New York, Vancouver, and Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Blume has raised $100K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017 at a valuation of $2.5M.