Skin care, body care and period care that go with your flow
Retention Marketing Manager - Ecommerce$65k – $85k
Blume is seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven marketing expert who is passionate about inspiring the next generation to become the best versions of themselves, starting with self care.
We are looking for the perfect candidate to take us from a high growth startup with a passionate consumer following to a household name. We have lofty goals - to drive a 2-3x revenue growth over the next 12 months - and this role is critical to that success. You will work directly alongside Blume’s Director of Growth Marketing and Blume’s co-founders, as a key member of the team, driving growth through retention marketing.
Who you are:
- You are a highly analytical person with a proven track record of driving and accelerating revenue growth to increase retention within customer segments. You are excited to roll up your sleeves to execute effectively, and iterate quickly with testing (something you are passionate about)! ADAPT STRATEGY AND TEST CONSISTENTLY TO MEET KPIs.
- You are passionate about reaching the north star of this role - ensuring Blume customers become customers for life and thus you are maniacally obsessed with increasing customer LTV.
- You pride yourself on grit and relentlessness and have a track record of delivering high ROI results.
- You have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer retention campaigns.
- You are obsessed with analytics and very strong at financial modelling. You can’t wait to spend your afternoon figuring out how to drive down CAC, increase LTV, analyze cohorts and dive deep into data to make impactful decisions.
- You are capable of calling on both your left and right brain -- you see the need for strong creative campaigns with measurable impacts.
What you will do:
- Develop the strategy and lead the execution of the Retention marketing programs across email, push, SMS, direct mail, and CRM marketing initiatives. Partner cross-functionally to execute personalized customer experiences and segmentation programs that drive customer engagement and repeat conversion.
- Define customer segmentation, perform cohort analysis, measure and regularly report on key retention KPIs.
- Own, define, deploy, and optimize retention marketing programs inclusive of email, SMS and loyalty communication strategies.
- Define, execute, measure and improve winback strategies to engage the file.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the leadership team including detailed campaign performance. Identify and propose opportunities to optimize customer retention and loyalty programs.
- Analyze site metrics and sales information to identify opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- Work with Product and Customer Empowerment teams to incorporate customer feedback and returns data and use this data to make long term improvements with the goal of increasing LTV.
- Work cross-functionally with development, design, data/analytics and editorial to design, build and execute automated, triggered, lifecycle and ad-hoc campaigns across direct marketing user journeys (email, SMS, and other messaging delivery applications). Identify and execute on opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- Support ongoing testing and segmentation tactics for all channels to ensure continued innovation and optimization for engagement and retention.
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred
- 3-5+ years in an early-stage growth retention marketing role, including at least 2 years in an e-commerce, direct-to-consumer role.
- Expert in all things Google Analytics! You have a critical understanding of the levers and tools to use in GA to help assess, define and optimize to your strategic marketing plan.
- Familiarity with other analytics or attribution platforms like Mixpanel and Shopify are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze data, generate reports and organize large pieces of data.
- Deep knowledge of attribution models and media mix marketing
- Experience managing ad budgets upwards of 6 figures, in order to manage our external ads team
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done!
- Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google & Youtube Ads, Advertising, Customer Acquisition, Analytics and Reporting, Growth Hacking, Cost Measurement, Google Analytics, SQL+BI/data visualization
- Experience with either Retention Science or Klaviyo tools.
- Experience growing customer email file, creating and executing B2C nurture campaigns and email flows
- Experience building and growing the SMS list as well as creating and executing campaigns
- Experience working with Smile.io or other loyalty programs.
- Strong data background as well as experience with brand strategy a must, copywriting experience a plus.
Blume is the first cohesive line of natural skin care, body care and period care products focused on puberty and beyond. We’re a small and mighty team making periods and self care easier and healthier while smashing taboos. Our team iterates fast, works hard and has aggressive goals.
Blume is growing rapidly and looking to hire driven, humble leaders. We have a highly engaged and passionate customer base with sustainable month over month growth. Our style is entrepreneurial and dynamic - every member of the team is given a lot of autonomy AND responsibility. Blume is funded by Tier 1 VCs and strategic angel investors.
Our Core Values:
- Growth Mindset - We value lifelong learning. We continue to grow through dedication and hardwork. We prioritize speed and perseverance to achieve the impossible.
- Deep Gratitude - All relationships are looked at as long term relationships. At Blume, we are grateful to be included on others’ journey’s - whether it be customers, partners, investors or our teammates. We show deep gratitude and optimize for trust.
- Extreme Ownership - Every team member has deep accountability. All problems are opportunities in disguise.
- No Ego - We focus on our mission and work egolessly. Give more credit than you take :)
If you have any 2nd or 3rd degree connections to the Blume team, please encourage them to send us a note and or / or introduce you via email.
To learn more about Blume please visit www.blume.com | @blume
Email a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight why you’re a good fit for this role and any past startup experience.
Blume at a glance
Blume focuses on E-Commerce, Health and Wellness, Subscription Businesses, and Organic. Their company has offices in New York, Vancouver, and Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Blume has raised $100K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017 at a valuation of $2.5M.