Skin care, body care and period care that go with your flow
Wholesale Director, Retail$100k – $140k • 0.7% – 0.7%
*Blume is looking for a high energy, self-starting organized Wholesale Director who is excited about delivering incredible self-care products to customers through strategic partnerships with wholesalers. You are eager to grow various channels by building meaningful and impactful relationships. *
In this role, you will be a leader launching and managing retail partnerships as we grow our wholesale channel. You will work directly with the Co-Founders to launch and manage relationships with wholesale partners in order to ensure a consistent brand and continued growth. You will have a big impact on a growing company as the line of products expands and our number of wholesale partners grows.
Who you are:
- You understand and have a passion for selling beauty and/or personal care products wholesale!
- You have a proven sales record in the wellness and beauty industry.
- You are excited to make Blume a household name, by identifying and launching key retail partnerships.
- You have exceptionally strong communication skills and love building relationships with customers!
What you will do:
- Identify, develop and implement partnerships with wholesalers that will elevate the Blume brand and connect us to more customers
- Build and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with independent specialty and key accounts in the dedicated region(s) to ensure long term stability and profitable growth
- Work with the Marketing team to facilitate and assist in the execution of in-store retail marketing opportunities with rep, account and brand (i.e. fixture programs, GTM programs, brand identity, etc.)
- Manage sales rep & Key Accounts activity within specified region(s) to drive account service performance through merchandising of in store fixture displays, events support, and sales clinics in stores to motivate sales associates.
- Prepare and submit forecasts/projections for sales via partner and region.
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly activity reports on sales performance metrics, rep updates, new accounts, lost accounts, and budget/actual reports.
- Travel to partners’ offices and make store visits around the region(s), as travel guidelines allow.
- Maintain and manage budget for trade and trunk shows, travel, etc
- Proven sales record, at least 5-7 years sales management experience preferably in the wellness / beauty sector
- Excellent organization, negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable with a variety of retail concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to travel in market and attend trade shows as needed ex. Indie Beauty Expo
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be proactive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous working relationships with Sephora's, Ulta Beauty, Target a plus.
- Able to manage workload, have the ability to see what needs to be accomplished, create plans to efficiently meet immediate and future needs.
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to set priorities and organize tasks to completion.
Blume is the first cohesive line of natural skin care, body care and period care products focused on puberty and beyond. We’re a small and mighty team making periods and self care easier and healthier while smashing taboos. Our team iterates fast, works hard and has aggressive goals.
Blume is growing rapidly and looking to hire driven, humble leaders. We have a highly engaged and passionate customer base with sustainable month over month growth. Our style is entrepreneurial and dynamic - every member of the team is given a lot of autonomy AND responsibility. Blume is funded by Tier 1 VCs and strategic angel investors.
Our Core Values:
- Growth Mindset - We value lifelong learning. We continue to grow through dedication and hardwork. We prioritize speed and perseverance to achieve the impossible.
- Deep Gratitude - All relationships are looked at as long term relationships. At Blume, we are grateful to be included on others’ journey’s - whether it be customers, partners, investors or our teammates. We show deep gratitude and optimize for trust.
- Extreme Ownership - Every team member has deep accountability. All problems are opportunities in disguise.
- No Ego - We focus on our mission and work egolessly. Give more credit than you take :)
If you have any 2nd or 3rd degree connections to the Blume team, please encourage them to send us a note and or / or introduce you via email.
To learn more about Blume please visit www.blume.com | @blume
Email a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight why you’re a good fit for this role and any past startup experience.
Blume at a glance
Blume focuses on E-Commerce, Health and Wellness, Subscription Businesses, and Organic. Their company has offices in New York, Vancouver, and Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Blume has raised $100K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017 at a valuation of $2.5M.