Skin care, body care and period care that go with your flow
Performance Marketing Manager$100k – $125k • 0.5% – 0.5%
Blume is seeking a goal oriented, data-driven performance marketing manager to join our mission centric, fast growing DTC brand in the wellness category.
The Performance Marketing Manager will lead the overarching strategy and execution for driving customer acquisition and sales, hitting key goals across owned and paid marketing channels. In this role, you will be the channel owner for paid media, SEO and email, driving an integrated and best-in-class approach. We’re looking for a sharp, analytical and entrepreneurial marketer that has a track record of running performance marketing programs and delivering strong lead gen results. We have lofty goals - to drive a 2-3x revenue growth over the next 12 months - and this role is critical to that success. You will work with the Head of Growth, as a key member of the marketing team, driving growth through customer acquisition, retention marketing and brand awareness.
Who you are:
- You are highly analytical and use a data-driven approach to solving problems. You are extremely goal oriented!
- You have hands-on experience launching, and analyzing customer acquisition campaigns. Performance marketing should feel like second nature for you - aka CAC, LTV, AOV, churn, conversion rate, abandoned cart rates, etc. are basically your best friends.
- You are highly driven and capable of making decisions on your own yet are also collaborative - eager to work cross-functionally across all teams - to achieve the best outcomes.
- You are passionate about digital marketing and want to take ownership of key marketing channels while helping to expand media buying into upcoming paid media channels.
What you will do:
- Set up, manage, and optimize campaigns specific to Facebook, Instagram and Google Ads.
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and reporting tools against team and company KPI’s. Adjust plans as necessary to help achieve goals.
- Create and optimize content for SEO and encourage best practice across the organization
- In conjunction with Head of Growth, set and manage monthly and yearly goals for profitable growth in customer acquisition
- Independently perform daily ad optimizations while monitoring and reporting out on trends in key performance metrics
- Identify and understand which media platforms are most effective or opportunistic for business need and investment level
- Establish a data and insights-led content marketing strategy that compellingly highlights trends in marketing, advertising, and streaming television.
- Collaborate with Customer Insights team to develop product positioning, value propositions, key messaging, and customer personas for new product launches.
- Collaborate with the Product team on customer journey: connecting the dots between PC value proposition, campaigns, onboarding and life-cycle experiences with the goal of reducing friction, improving conversion rates and driving growth.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent
- 5-7+ years minimum in a similar role scaling similar brands, DTC experience preferred.
- Strong writing and editorial abilities
- Ability to make complex subjects easy to grasp and compelling to consume
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills
- Subject matter expertise in media, advertising, and technology
- Experience working cross-functionally across marketing, sales, design, comms, measurement/analytics, and product teams
- Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google & Youtube Ads, Advertising, Customer Acquisition, Analytics and Reporting, Growth Hacking, Cost Measurement, Google Analytics, SQL+BI/data visualization
- Familiarity with other analytics or attribution platforms like Mixpanel and Shopify are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze data, generate reports and organize large pieces of data.
Blume is the first cohesive line of natural skin care, body care and period care products focused on puberty and beyond. We’re a small and mighty team making periods and self care easier and healthier while smashing taboos. Our team iterates fast, works hard and has aggressive goals.
Blume is growing rapidly and looking to hire driven, humble leaders. We have a highly engaged and passionate customer base (see what people are saying in our reviews) with sustainable month over month growth. Our style is entrepreneurial and dynamic - every member of the team is given a lot of autonomy AND responsibility. Blume is funded by Tier 1 VCs and strategic angel investors.
Our Core Values:
- Growth Mindset - We value lifelong learning. We continue to grow through dedication and hardwork. We prioritize speed and perseverance to achieve the impossible.
- Deep Gratitude - All relationships are looked at as long term relationships. At Blume, we are grateful to be included on others’ journey’s - whether it be customers, partners, investors or our teammates. We show deep gratitude and optimize for trust.
- Extreme Ownership - Every team member has deep accountability. All problems are opportunities in disguise.
- No Ego - We focus on our mission and work egolessly. Give more credit than you take :)
If you have any 2nd or 3rd degree connections to the Blume team, please encourage them to send us a note and or / or introduce you via email.
To learn more about Blume please visit www.blume.com | @blume
Email a resume and cover letter email@example.com to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight why you’re a good fit for this role and any past startup experience.
Meet your team
Blume at a glance
Blume focuses on E-Commerce, Health and Wellness, Subscription Businesses, and Organic. Their company has offices in New York, Vancouver, and Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Blume has raised $100K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017 at a valuation of $2.5M.