Data Engineer$90k – $100k • 0.5% – 0.75%
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the brightest team of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
• Building the next generation of reporting and analytical solutions
• Building entire ETL process for new data imports
• Bringing data from different data sources and performing data modelling in order to streamline data.
• Use of relational, NoSQL, file system and graph databases for work
• At least 2 years’ business experience in BI / Data Engineering
• Proven experience in a fast-moving environment
• Experience of building end to end processes for reporting, from inception of idea, through to ETL and finally
analytical solution delivery
• Background in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, relational databases, NoSQL, column store and schema design
• Experience with libraries like Selenium, BeautifulSoup, Scrapy etc.
• Knowledge of at least one of them following: PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview or similar
• Experience and knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Appsflyer or Mixpanel
• Strong Programming experience in Python
• Expert in Graph Database
Who fits the role?
• You need to have great curiosity – be inquisitive and challenge the status quo.
• We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems and situations and come up
with tactical recommendations.
• You need to think logically and creatively to find different solutions.
• We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact – and seeing the tangible effects.
• You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented
over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
What's nice to have
• Experience working in a fast paced start-up culture
• Experience in DevOps
• Experience in Stream processing or Machine Learning
• Experience of Cloud environments
• Self-starter who is capable of hitting the ground running
• Natural team player who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues
• Organized and pro-active, with strong attention to detail
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues
• Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills
• Heavily Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation
Medius Health at a glance
Medius Health focuses on Health Care Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Health, and Medical Technologies. Their company has offices in Sydney. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Medius Health has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.
You can view their website at http://mediushealth.org/