We are righting the wrongs of our industry’s rapid growth with a new supply chain
Software Engineer III
MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We receive up to 10 million advertising opportunities per second, which we run through over several internal and partner enrichments to extract many targetable properties which we then match against 100s of thousands of advertising strategies to choose the best ad and we do all this in less than 1/10th of a second.
If you like problem solving, come use those skills here to create soft real-time, highly concurrent, globally distributed systems and services. Our engineers thrive on solving all kinds of technical challenges like cross datacenter replication and low-latency, geo-distributed workloads, fully automated deployments, and service governance. They do this by having the autonomy to select the best tools and non-proprietary software for the job and flexibility to work from one of our 15 offices or remotely, from their own home.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer III / DevOps Engineer to own Identity components, critical deployment, and operational automation. In particular, you will be leading the effort for a stable, consistent production environment. Our Identity team is involved in processing and merging of billions of users via multiple user identity providers to accurately attribute and target users with relevant ads. They are creating solutions so that we can transact on Multiple IDs and linking them to a person while utilizing an identity infrastructure built for a future without third-party cookies. You will be utilizing Golang along with graph and NoSQL databases in a hybrid distributed environment to serve our real time bidding platform with millisecond latencies across datasets of billions of users.
- Write bullet-proof Golang code leveraging your deep knowledge of DynamoDB, ScyllaDB, Kinesis, and Kafka.
- Lead technical discussions with other Engineers with emerging ability to ensure that technologies chosen to support our products provide the most appropriate and robust functionality.
- Help drive continuous improvement in MediaMath's approach to software development, with extreme commitment to quality, innovation, efficiency, and culture.
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components and technologies across MediaMath teams.
- Assist in defining the team's technical strategy and advise on product backlogs and roadmaps to achieve strategic goals.
- Help define and produce concise yet comprehensive technical documentation; principles, standards, and best practices.
You are a great fit if:
- You want to vastly level up your experience with Golang and gRPC/Protobuf building low latency, scalable applications
- You have recent experience in the AWS stack including, ECS, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Kubernetes
- You have Production expertise (enterprise experience a strong plus) with emphasis on building observable, scalable applications including CICD pipelines and automated monitoring/alerting.
- You champion automation and focus on doing fewer things, faster and better.
- You have a history of working with relational and NoSQL databases such as Postgres, Cassandra, and ScyllaDB
- You believe in collaboration through transparency, strong communication, and that diversity makes a team stronger.
You might be a great fit if:
- You can leverage strong CS principles in choosing data structure to deal with high concurrency, fault-tolerant environments
- You have experience with graph databases such as Dgraph and Neo4J
- You are all about continuous improvements on the product you build on and your own professional development. You challenge others to be better, welcome new ideas, and advocate for the best solution.
Snapshot of our Tech stack:
- Scripting: Chef, Bash, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Platforms: Kafka, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux
- Languages: Golang, Scala, Python, Java
- Tools: Git, CircleCI, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Sumo Logic
- Databases: ScyllaDB, Neo4J, Redis, Postgres
- Cloud: Operating in AWS (ECS/EC2, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB)
Why We Work at MediaMath:
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
Life and Disability Insurance
401K Match in the US, Country-specific pension
Generous Paternity & Maternity Leave
Equity performance bonus
Reward Great Work
Open Paid Time Off in the US, generous globally
Massages, Exercise Classes, and Office Perks (vary by location)
Bring Your Friends to Work
Reimbursement for your smartphone
MediaMath at a glance
MediaMath focuses on Digital Media, Internet, Advertising, Software, and Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Durham, and Singapore. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, MediaMath has raised $617.877M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.