We are righting the wrongs of our industry’s rapid growth with a new supply chain
Senior/Staff Software Engineer - UI
MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We receive up to 10 million advertising opportunities per second, which we run through over several internal and partner enrichments to extract many targetable properties which we then match against 100s of thousands of advertising strategies to choose the best ad and we do all this in less than 1/10th of a second.
If you like problem solving, come use those skills here to create soft real-time, highly concurrent, globally distributed systems and services. Our engineers thrive on solving all kinds of technical challenges like cross datacenter replication and low-latency, geo-distributed workloads, fully automated deployments, and service governance. They do this by having the autonomy to select the best tools and non-proprietary software for the job and flexibility to work from one of our 15 offices or remotely, from their own home.
About the role:
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer to join our UI (User Interface) team. This team is critical to our growth and they are currently building the next generation of TerminalOne (T1), our primary client facing application. In this role, you will become an expert on our tooling – pattern libraries, components, middleware workflows etc. You’ll collaborate across engineering teams to provide your advice and guidance on best practice, troubleshooting, and low-level state management.
- Own a complex and critical set of front-end and UI services and applications.
- Lead technical discussions with other Engineers with emerging ability to ensure that technologies chosen to support our products provide the most appropriate and robust functionality.
- Provide regular guidance to more junior engineers to ensure that all teams are producing code that is sound, efficient, and maintainable.
- Help drive continuous improvement in MediaMath's approach to software development, with extreme commitment to quality, innovation, efficiency, and culture.
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components and technologies across MediaMath teams.
- Assist in defining the team's technical strategy and advise on product backlogs and roadmaps to achieve strategic goals.
- Help define and produce concise yet comprehensive technical documentation; principles, standards, and best practices.
You might be a great fit if:
- You have expert knowledge of React, web hooks, and state management.
- You have recent experience in the AWS stack including, ECS, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Kubernetes
- You have production expertise (enterprise experience a strong plus) with emphasis on building observable, scalable applications including CICD pipelines and automated monitoring/alerting.
- You have a history of working with a broad range of databases including Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, ScyllaDB and others.
- You champion automation and focus on doing fewer things, faster and better.
- You are all about continuous improvements on the product you build on and your own professional development. You challenge others to be better, welcome new ideas, and advocate for the best solution.
- You believe in collaboration through transparency, strong communication, and that diversity makes a team stronger.
Snapshot of our Tech stack:
- Platforms: Kafka, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS, React, Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Flink, Linux
- Scripting: Bash, Perl, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Tools: IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins, CircleCI, PyCharm, CloudWatch, CloudHealth
- Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB, Couchbase, Redis, Scylla, SQL
- Cloud: Operating in AWS (S3, Lamda, Redshift, ECS/EC2, RDS)
Why We Work at MediaMath:
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
Life and Disability Insurance
401K Match in the US, Country-specific pension
Generous Paternity & Maternity Leave
Equity performance bonus
Reward Great Work
Open Paid Time Off in the US, generous globally
Massages, Exercise Classes, and Office Perks (vary by location)
Bring Your Friends to Work
Reimbursement for your smartphone
MediaMath at a glance
MediaMath focuses on Digital Media, Internet, Advertising, Software, and Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Durham, and Singapore. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, MediaMath has raised $617.877M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.