We are righting the wrongs of our industry’s rapid growth with a new supply chain
Software Engineer III / Senior Software Engineer (UK - Remote)
MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We receive up to 10 million advertising opportunities per second, which we run through over several internal and partner enrichments to extract many targetable properties which we then match against 100s of thousands of advertising strategies to choose the best ad and we do all this in less than 1/10th of a second.
If you like problem solving, come use those skills here to create soft real-time, highly concurrent, globally distributed systems and services. Our engineers thrive on solving all kinds of technical challenges like cross datacenter replication and low-latency, geo-distributed workloads, fully automated deployments, and service governance. They do this by having the autonomy to select the best tools and non-proprietary software for the job and flexibility to work from one of our 15 offices or remotely, from their own home.
If you are interested in being considered for Software Engineer III or Senior Software Engineer positions and based in the UK, US, or Germany (in office or remote), please show your interest and we'll reach out about different product teams that could be suitable.
Snapshot of our Tech stack:
- Languages: Golang, Scala, Python, C++, Java
- Platforms: Kafka, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS, React, Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Flink, Linux
- Scripting: Bash, Perl, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Tools: IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins, CircleCI, PyCharm, CloudWatch, CloudHealth
- Databases: Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase, Redis, Scylla, SQL
- Cloud: Operating in AWS (S3, Lamda, Redshift, ECS/EC2, RDS)
You might be a great fit if:
- You have experience designing and owning technical solutions and you are comfortable being polyglot. We are particularly looking for Go experience with Python, C++ and/or Java.
- You are keen to learn and have faced similar technical challenges (distributed systems, data processing, microservices, on prem vs cloud etc).
- You own your own code and comfortable with testing, CICD pipelines and automated monitoring/alerting
- You champion automation and focus on doing fewer things, faster and better.
- You are all about continuous improvements on the product you build on and your own professional development. You challenge others to be better, welcome new ideas, and advocate for the best solution.
- You believe in collaboration through transparency, strong communication, and that diversity makes a team stronger.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks and great benefits.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
Life and Disability Insurance
401K Match in the US, Country-specific pension
Generous Paternity & Maternity Leave
Equity performance bonus
Reward Great Work
Open Paid Time Off in the US, generous globally
Massages, Exercise Classes, and Office Perks (vary by location)
Bring Your Friends to Work
Reimbursement for your smartphone
MediaMath at a glance
MediaMath focuses on Digital Media, Internet, Advertising, Software, and Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Durham, and Singapore. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, MediaMath has raised $617.877M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.