Software to understand and improve the customer experience
Senior Software Engineer - System Test
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Test Engineering team is responsible for Enterprise Quality in Medallia. We define quality processes, standards and tooling to ensure our products keep the quality bar high. We partner with development teams to help them adopt standards and provide insights about their strategy. Based on the organization’s needs we define test strategies and work on the data and tools to support it.As a Senior System Test Engineer, you’ll be working with emerging software development technologies, building a new global team and helping us scale. You will provide testing support to several engineering teams and develop trustworthy tooling to scale Medallia's testing. You will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the quality experienced by large customers and play a huge part in its success.
- More specifically, you will:
- Implement stress, longevity and lifecycle testing in large scale infrastructures.
- Support our regression testing infrastructure in production environments.
- Collaborate on test framework development and related tooling.
- Troubleshoot scale problems and collaborate with the development teams to solve them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or at least +2 years of relevant experience.
- You enjoy to do stress testing, make applications suffer and fix the underlying issues for better performance and reliability.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in Python or equivalent languages.
- You have strong software development skills and enjoy writing quality software.
- You can write tests and test frameworks.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience in developing distributed applications.
- Experience with docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with performance tunings of web applications, databases or linux operating systems.
Medallia at a glance
Medallia focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Loyalty Programs, Customer Service, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Singapore, and London. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Medallia has raised $325M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.