Simplifying medical bills so patients and providers can focus on care
Head of Engineering$110k – $130k • 1.0% – 3.0%
👋🏾Request for Head of Engineering
Hello! We're looking for a senior team member who is an evangelist of our current and future products, a seasoned people leader, and is highly effective in setting milestones and delivering results.
💡What are we working on?
MCSquared Health has the expertise to understand why America’s complex and expensive health care system can make it frustrating for patients to make payments.
Our mission is to radically simplify and modernize the way in which Americans pay for their health care.
🔥What stage are you at?
We've launched an initial product, acquired customers, have received validation that our service provides value (both in the form of revenue and praise), and have raised an Angel Round of investment.
💰Have you raised any money?
We recently raised a $130K Angel Round and have a clear line of sight to Seed funding opportunities with 6+ interested investors.
🤔You've got my attention. Tell me more.
- The Head of Engineering oversees all product phases (product planning, product development, product launch, product tracking, and product maintenance). All developers, engineers, and engineering contractors report up through the Head of Engineering.
- The Head of Engineering reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- The Head of Engineering has keen technical vision, product development, and design skills
This is an early-stage Head of Engineering role involving significant hands-work and, to a lesser degree, people management as well. As Head of Engineering, you'll also be working heavily with the CEO to formulate strategy, implementation, build product roadmaps, and timelines.
⏳How will my time be spent?
- 60% direct coding
- 30% managing engineers
- 15% technical vision
- 5% miscellaneous duties as they arise
💻What stacks do I need to know?
- Ideally you can code in our current technical stack (Angular, Node, Express, React, and SQL).
- On the other hand, this is also a conversation we should have. We'd like to lean on you to make the best architectural choices to set ourselves up for success in the long term.
🥇A qualified candidate will
- Oversee day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and business’s goals
- Manage Lead Fullstack Developer and technical consultants
- Responsible for procurement and retention of technical resources
- Create an exciting and sustainable work environment that attracts and retains talent
- Expertly implement internal work processes to support rapid company growth
- Own technical development budget
- Conduct other duties as deemed necessary to advance the business’s goals and objectives
- Have excellent facilitation skills in order to unlock potential of teams in both short-term contexts (e.g. meetings) and long-term contexts (e.g. milestones)