Senior Data Lead, M/WBE (JO# 409074)$70k – $90k
The Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Data Services at MOCS and with wide latitude for independent judgment will perform the following job responsibilities, which include and are not limited to:
• Develop reports in the PASSPort and MWBE compliance reports.
• QA colleagues work and participate in code review sessions.
• Create efficiencies in automating reporting and analysis tasks.
• Develop processes for data modelling and integrating external and legacy data sources with procurement reporting system.
• Work with PASSPort design and business teams to identify new data sources and implement data acquisition as well as design/build pipelines for new sources.
• Conduct impact analysis and manage testing cycles for maintenance and project releases.
• Collaborate with database administrator, solutions architect and Cognos business intelligence team to enhance and maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS) data warehouse.
• Configure and develop SaaS products (PASSPort) to align with project specifications and documentation. Will include work to build out workflows, UI enhancements, ETLs etc.
• Develop and maintain documentation around releases (both project and maintenance).
• Proactively communicate with management around progress of tasks and risks.
• Collaborate with representatives from change management, business and integrations teams to represent the capabilities of the SaaS tools and provide input around solutions.
• Contribute to the presentations for management, stakeholders and executives around projects.
• Be willing to learn the business of MOCS – procurement and contracting, especially supporting the City’s Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise program (MWBE) – and provide ad hoc analysis as requested.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
2. Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in “2” above; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, business or public administration, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, sociology, political science, mathematics, public policy, computer science or a closely related field; with at least one (1) years of related work experience preferred but not required, or
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and demonstrated equivalent expertise in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization, with at least three (3) years of related work experience.
• Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills; experience with empirical methods and data analytics including working with large, complex micro - data sets, building applied statistics or econometrics models, and/or conducting research.
• At least one-year experience analyzing large, heterogenous data sets.
• Proven experience automating data flows or other manual processes.
• Demonstrated expertise with visualization and presentation tools.
• Experience with cloud-based tools such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform is not required but is highly desirable.
• Experience working in configurable SaaS products strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with data models, database design, ETL development, data mining and segmentation techniques desired.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize duties, problem solve, work independently and within a team environment, pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, do appropriate follow-up, work well under pressure and maintain an enthusiastic work ethic. This includes maintaining a positive and helpful attitude and a proven capacity in project management skills, including organizing and strategic planning.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings for business audience. Communicates effectively to non-technical teams and thrives in a dynamic environment.
• MS Excel (Pivot, Advanced functions: INDEX/MATCH, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, etc.), MS Access, MS Project, Visio and other products in MS Suite.
• Interest in New York City policy and operations.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM:
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
External Applicants, please go to nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID#: 409074.
Current City Employees, please go to nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID#: 409074.
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Mayor's Office of Contract Services at a glance
Mayor's Office of Contract Services focuses on Technology and Procurement. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/mocs/about/careers.page