A virtual clinic dedicated to women's and family health - expert care wherever and whenever needed.
Strategic Sales Associate
Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for a Strategic Sales Associate to work with our Sales and Growth teams to prospect and identify key decision-makers at target companies and establish successful, long lasting relationships from the ground up. The role of the Strategic Sales Associate is to provide support to the assigned Strategic Market Regional Vice President/s through the entire sales process, from the top of the funnel lead generation through procurement, contract execution and internal transition to Maven’s Implementation and Client Success team members. The Strategic Sales Associate should be a self starter, eager to move forward within the Maven organization and will be directly responsible for bringing in new sales business leads. As the front lines to the sales process, the Strategic Sales Associate is a key driver of growth for the company.
As a Strategic Sales Associate at Maven, you will:
- Generate new business opportunities by finding and qualifying leads through cold phone calls, email, re-engaging existing contacts, research, and inbound leads from the website
- Work closely with Strategic Sales Directors to create meetings and accelerate deals. You will also be responsible in assisting RFP and RFI responses.
- Partner with the team lead to analyze the performance of campaigns and activity to optimize outreach efforts
- Become a Maven expert and be able to articulate our value proposition to anyone who asks (or who doesn’t ask)
- Act as the subject matter expert on Maven’s product offerings/solution development skills
- Manage and track your pipeline using our best in class CRM tools
- Help develop and implement strategic sales plans and stay current with client needs, competition, and industry trends
- Facilitate client requirements meetings – both in person and/or remotely using current online presentation applications
- Develop market analysis to identify customer needs, target markets and competitive advantages
- Deliver sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients with a successful closing rate
- Develop a consultant/broker strategy within a defined geographic region
- Contribute to the process and play an active role in its execution. Monthly updates should be submitted to the CRO to demonstrate focus and progression in our largest revenue generating market segment.
We’re looking for you to bring: ******
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2-4 years experience as a Sales Development Representative, Strategic Sales Associate or similar role; experience in B2B technology sales a plus!
- Track record of achieving Sales Development Representative (SDR) quotas
- Highly motivated with strong sales skills including over the phone and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up and presentation skills that engage audiences
- Experience with sales tools & software, including: Microsoft and Google office suite, Salesforce, Zoominfo and SalesLoft
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Passion to learn and grow in a startup environment
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, and communication is preferred
- Experience working with key stakeholders in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.