A virtual clinic dedicated to women's and family health - expert care wherever and whenever needed.
Director of Communications
Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $88MM, and is backed by Icon Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki. Learn more at www.mavenclinic.com.
Maven is looking for a Director of Communications and all-around strategic leader to join our team. In this role, you will report directly to the VP of Marketing and be responsible for leading Maven's communications strategy, refining and continuously developing Maven's market voice, and leading a team that works hand in hand with sales, design, product, and our providers to help our members, clients, and key influencers connect with our mission, value and brand.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker to help originate and drive innovative messaging that shapes our category of family benefits - including strategic messaging around issues in fertility, maternity, pediatrics, and working parenthood - and shape Maven's voice as the category leader. You will work closely with revenue owners in the business and handle communication strategies and plans that contribute to sales and marketing initiatives aligned with growing our business across our audiences - providers, consumers, clients, and thought leaders within healthcare.
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead all of Maven’s communication efforts externally
- Build a clear and concise message stack, bringing a compelling point-of-view throughout sales collateral, website, and PR efforts and cementing it in the market
- Communicate success stories, product launches, research studies, and white papers through traditional and non-traditional means
- Amplify marketing campaigns with unique, cut-through messages aligned with revenue goals
- Manage and mentor a team of in-house writers
- Manage freelance writers
What we look for:
- 8-10 years of work experience
- Digital healthcare experience
- Ability to partner with sales and a passion for helping to close a deal
- Passion for women’s and family health
- Experience leading writing teams
- You have been the lead copywriter for sales collateral
Maven employees are united in their mission to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in communities across the United States. We empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography, or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important assets. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike and ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental and other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated ‘bring your child’ and ‘bring your canine’ to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.