Decentralized P2P Art & Trade
Applied Machine Learning Engineer$100k – $170k • 0.25% – 1.0%
Mav Farm is looking for an experienced applied researcher in machine learning and AI with strong software engineering skills. The Applied Machine Learning Engineer is part of the Core AI organization. The team carries out applied research in ML/AI and designs, develops and deploys state of the art ML/AI algorithms to the rest of the Mav Farm ecosystem. The team has developed and optimized various algorithms including Neural Networks, Boosted Decision Trees, Sparse Linear Models, and Deep Learning for several ranking teams including Shop, Feed, Search, Channel Guide on Sho_w. and others.
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Combine broad and deep knowledge of relevant research domains with the ability to synthesize a wide range of requirements to make significant contributions to the feature roadmap for the applied machine learning platform
- Apply expert coding skills to platform development projects in partnership with other engineers on ranking and infrastructure teams
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning research
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Mav Farm at a glance
Mav Farm focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, Video Streaming, and Augmented Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Mav Farm has raised $3M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.
You can view their website at https://www.mav.farm