Gather, clarify, and give professional feedback all in one place
👨🏿💻Full-Stack Engineer$100k – $145k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Matter is looking for a talented, friendly and thoughtful Full-Stack Engineer to join us in creating the future of feedback. As one of the first 20 employees at Matter, you’ll get to work on our most interesting and impactful challenges. Together, we can help professionals everywhere reach their career aspirations and achieve their professional goals.
A little bit about you:
- You love making beautiful, and delightful Web experiences.
- You’ve been building Web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- You have experience working at a startup.
- You have experience with frontend frameworks — e.g., React, Angular, or Ember.
- You are familiar with CSS, and CSS preprocessors such as Sass or LESS.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You can balance idealism with pragmatism.
- You currently live in, or are willing to relocate to, the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You have experience with open source.
- You have built and maintained complex Web frontends with React.
- You have experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Karma, QUnit, Cypress, or TestCafe.
- You have experience with backend frameworks, such as Express, Rails, or Django.
- You have experience with build tools such as Lerna, Yarn, or Webpack.
- You are comfortable writing raw SQL, and understand how ORMs work.
Meet your team
Matter at a glance
Matter focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Collaboration, and Human Resources. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.