Mass transportation for everyone
Technical Program Manager - Parking
At the Customer Technology Department (CTD), our mission is to apply modern principles of research, design, and technology to make our transit system easy for all riders to use. Effective and equitable public transit is essential to the social, economic, and environmental progress of Greater Boston.
The MBTA Customer Technology team is working to transform how people get around the Boston area.
We are a team of designers, engineers, product and content specialists charged with bringing novel ideas, modern standards and a user-centered approach to technology at the T. As the MBTA works to reinvent itself, we have a rare opportunity to craft the future of transportation for Boston and communities all around Eastern Massachusetts, as well as pioneer innovations for other transit agencies around the country.
Do you want to improve the daily transportation experience for 400 million annual riders? Ready for the challenge? Then read on.
You will oversee program planning, sourcing, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation of the modernization of the MBTA’s parking and station access technology across MBTA facilities, including surface lots and garages.
- Oversee all aspects of a proof of concept upgrade of station access technology.
- Determine qualification for RFP and run the RFP from review to award. This will include a competitive analysis of the mobile payment platform as well as the technology on premises.
- Responsible for managing and forecasting the budget for the entire deployment.
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Participate in the development of the strategic plan and related planning efforts to support program initiatives
- Manage personnel to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Provides technical advice, resolve problems, and negotiate any change order during implementation.
Flexibility to work some weekends during deployment is required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Create documentation and presentations of research, design decisions, and technical requirements.
- Budget control and forecasting
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and internal stakeholders.
- Define action items resulting from meetings and tasks required to meet strategic and technical objectives.
- Track and update the status of daily tasks, keep team informed of larger picture and customer perspective, remove blocks and advance to closure within timeframes of project and product deliverables.
- Identify risks and dependencies across workstreams, establish mitigation plans and escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate workload throughout project and product development, ensuring completion of deliverables on schedule.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with public procurement processes
- Familiarity with LPR technology
Diversity and inclusion at CTD are very important to us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MBTA at a glance
MBTA focuses on Automotive, Transportation, Public Transportation, Travel, and Logistics. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.
You can view their website at http://mbta.com