Reinventing the checkout experience
Deployment Engineer$65k – $75k
About MashginAt Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. With customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, and Aramark, our company and product adoption are growing at a rapid pace.
Position SummaryThis is a remote, intermediate-level position where you will be responsible for the deployment and installation of our technology and hardware across the country (from New York to San Francisco). You will be serving a key role ensuring that projects are completed on time and that our customers are successful with Mashgin. Excellent technical ability, communication skills, and problem solving are critical to this role. You will work directly with the product engineers in addition to our users, customers and their clients.
It's ideal if you live close to any one of the following airports: PHX, ORD, SFO.
You Will Be
- Traveling the country launching new locations and helping customers (50-75% travel is expected).
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues remotely and in the field after developing a deep technical understanding of our product.
- Respond to customer escalations and inquiries, when needed seeking partners to assist.
- Maintain a subject-matter expert level of knowledge of deployment systems and software.
- Installing kiosks to ensure our customers and clients are set up for success.
- Planning and preparing for deployments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience).
- Preferred: prior IT or tech repair experience.
- Strong technical ability: you should be comfortable doing things like installing drivers, diagnosing system issues, and building PCs using off-the-shelf components.
- Ability and desire to travel frequently.
- Self-starter who is comfortable getting the job done without much assistance.
- Relentlessly resourceful, always thinking outside the box to solve complex problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Competitive healthcare options for employees and dependents
Excellent health and dental insurance
Competitive options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Paid time off
Flexible PTO policy
Flexible pto policy
Lunch catered daily at the office
free meals and snacks while at the office
Membership to JCC fitness center (literally next door to the office) with gym, year-round outdoor pool, spa, soccer field, basketball courts, classes, and more
right next to 101 on the border of Palo Alto / Mountain View (plus flexible hours so you're not stuck in traffic every day)
Mashgin at a glance
Mashgin focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Retail Technology, Computer Vision, and 3D Technology. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Mashgin has raised $195K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017.