Business finance made easy
“Online business lending with the X-factor” - The Times.
We believe that finance has moved on with technology - and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketFinance.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly - but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too:
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketFinance moment: https://medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...
What you'll be doing
- Take technical ownership of accounting principles and policies based on UK GAAP for MarketFinance and two Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) including loss provisioning for our lending business.
- Monthly consolidation across 3 entities, working closely with SPVs’ service agent to deliver timely and accurate management accounts and reporting.
- Lead the monthly accounting closure of the books.
- Lead the annual closure of the company books, including the production of statutory accounts, supporting schedules and journal entries. Manage the year-end audit process including on-time delivery of audited financials and relationship management with external auditors.
- Take ownership of accounting and financial systems including expense controls, bookkeeping records, accounting records and supporting systems.
- Bank account and cash management including operational control over company bank accounts and credit cards, bank reconciliations and payments (accounts payable, expenses).
- Manage tax compliance including R&D tax credit claims, quarterly VAT returns for a partially exempt business, Corporation tax returns and managing relationship with external tax advisers.
- Budgetary control over expenses, including working with senior management.
- Ensure financial reporting and the control environments are fit for purpose, and comply with regulatory and governance requirements.
- Some mentoring / management responsibility for junior team members
- Accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA, FCCA) and 2-3 years post-qualification experience within financial services / lending
- Knowledge of UK GAAP
- Accounting for Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) within a lending business
- Experience in consolidation across UK-based entities
- Some audit experience (preferably within financial services)
- Loss provisioning experience for lending / financial services
- Detail oriented / meticulous
- Positive thinker / solutions focused
- Self-directed, able to work with little supervision
- Adaptable and able to learn
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in Fintech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
Mentoring from industry leaders and the opportunity to make an impact at one of Europe’s foremost Fintechs
Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
Enhanced maternity leave, Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books
Excellent company culture and a great office in the heart of Shoreditch
Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th March 2020. Salary range for the role is between £55,000 - £65,000 dependant on experience.
Our commitment to you
MarketFinance is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use your information?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role, market job opportunities and recruitment information and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
MarketFinance at a glance
MarketFinance focuses on Finance, Technology, Finance Technology, Fin Tech, and Loans. Their company has offices in London and Manchester. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, MarketFinance has raised $45.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.