Providing location tracking and data for those who create mobile apps
Senior iOS Engineer, CoreSDK
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
At the Core SDK team, we use our engineering and API design skills to design, implement and evolve Mapbox APIs, establishing a connection between native engines and its corresponding platform SDKs. We assist other teams into exposing simple, fast and elegant APIs for everything from customizable maps to smart guidance, and think big about the impact of these when developing applications using Mapbox technology, reaching millions of people around the globe.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement high-priority features
- Craft expressive and easy to use APIs for developers using our SDKs
- Dive deep into the underlying cross-platform implementations that power our frameworks
- Build and evolve our popular, open source iOS SDKs
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A focus on native technologies, such as Objective-C and how APIs created in Objective-C bridge to Swift
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks like XCTest
- Experience with C++ and understanding of key principles
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
- A passion for open source
- Desire to build frameworks and developer tools
- Passionate to earn and keep customer trust
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. *By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application. *
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox at a glance
Mapbox focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Location Based Services, Open Source, and Business Intelligence. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Washington. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Mapbox has raised $227.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.