VP Sales & Account Management$120k – $160k • 1.0% – 3.0%
Mission: At Map My Customers, we’re on a mission to make your work life in the field simpler, more productive and more actionable. Imagine a suite of tools designed specifically to help you generate leads, identify the best opportunities, and get to customers faster. Map My Customers is not just software. It's a meaningful step forward in the evolution of how work gets done in the field, allowing you to break free from CRM forever.
We are big believers that well-crafted technology and automation tools can significantly improve everyone's work output. With nearly 50,000 customers in over 55 countries, we're now one of the leading data visualization and geo-analytics tools in the the world, backed by VC's from New York to San Francisco. Come join our team for the ride.
Objectives/Expectations: The VP Sales & Marketing is a pivotal role that will directly influence the future of Map My Customers by overseeing both our sales and marketing teams. Our business is ready to take flight – so we are looking for someone who moves fast, is nimble, comfortable with normal startup chaos, and has a strong desire to drive revenue and sales to the next level.
- You will focus on lasting revenue generation and fine-tune everything for execution.
- Explore go-to-market opportunities: you will test sales strategies, demand generation and growth hacking techniques to measure success and failure. You will lead our Sales and Marketing teams in knowing when, why, where and how to go deeper.
- Develop and maintain key customer and partner relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Ensure successful execution of the sales model to meet or exceed bookings and revenue goals in alignment with the company’s core values.
- Manage overall sales process, set and manage to appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Define and improve a sales workflow to achieve repeatable success.
- Manage lead generation channels to accurately forecast monthly and quarterly bookings.
- Oversee hiring and development of the sales team.
- Oversee compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Collaboratively work with other internal organizations, especially marketing, to achieve a common goal – bringing focused and prioritized feedback from the field to help shape strategy and business practices.
- Oversee, analyze and quantify the digital marketing efforts.
- Overseeing a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Map My Customers is an environment for independent, humble, resilient, straight-forward and scrappy individuals. We have fun and we learn - a lot! As VP Sales & Marketing, you will help foster high performing teams as a coach and a mentor.
- You’re highly analytical and have multiple successes in funnel optimization.
- You are a hustler, a leader, a coach, and a growth-hacker with a passion for scaling a business.
- You demonstrate highly effective decision-making, judgment, and communication.
- Proven leader and motivator. Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”.
- Experience in enterprise software sales.
- Data driven and results oriented.
- At least 5 years sales experience in software and/or SaaS industry, with minimum 2 years in a sales leadership position.
- Success growing a mid-stage SaaS company to $10+ million in annual revenue.
- Have sold enterprise deals in the range of $250K - $1M+
- Experience building outbound driven sales team.
- Focused on building a scalable and repeatable sales model and process.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Experience with a specific sales methodology, sales funnel management.
- Past delivery of an iterative approach to refining and building an analytically driven organization.
- Experience with digital marketing channels and strategies.
- Are really interested in helping people be more productive and efficient at their work
- Appreciate a good debate, even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it, instead of who to blame
- Believe that teamwork makes dreamwork
- Enjoy an honest and transparent workplace
- Know that done is better than perfect, because perfect is never done.
- Favor action over deliberation
- Aren’t afraid to experiment and make mistakes
- Care more about your intelligence and values than your expertise
- Believe you really can enjoy all the people you work with everyday
- Are open to new ideas, new cultures, and new people
- Think transparency is the best way to run a business
- Contingent upon your experience level, base pay is between $120,000 and $160,000, with the opportunity for tremendous upside. This is an early-stage startup, and as such we are looking for a partner-level individual to come in and own the commercial side of the business and work directly with the CEO on a daily basis. Fully-ramped on-target earnings range is an additional $160,000 to $240,000, with an equity stake in the range of 1-3%, and the possibility to earn more.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Company-sponsored health and dental benefits package
- Unlimited Vacation
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission
- Weekly team lunches and beautiful views of Manhattan
- A supportive team atmosphere and work environment you couldn't pay for
** Map My Customers does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Map My Customers at a glance
Map My Customers focuses on B2B, CRM, Maps, and Sales. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Map My Customers has raised $2.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.
You can view their website at https://www.mapmycustomers.me/