Managed by QClosed
The platform for workplace teams
Engineering Manager$140k – $180k • 0.1% – 0.15%
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the first tool designed for workplace teams. By managing their work in a single place, teams are able to keep track of their projects, be more productive, and create a better experience for their office. Managed by Q helps workplace teams minimize the chaos of running an office and maximize the impact they have on their company. Empowering the workplace team means a better day at work for everyone.
As an Engineering Manager at Managed by Q, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to guide a team of outstanding engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth — these may include customer, partner, and operator experience, operational logistics, and technical infrastructure. As a key leader on our team, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving Q’s engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position. The role will initially involve some coding and always maintain a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience building software or web applications
- Ability to establish technical credibility with amazing engineers quickly
- Proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles, and their tradeoffs
- Track record of delivering projects and collaborating with leaders across the organization: including Engineering, Product, Design, and Operations
- Expertise and passion for developing others through regular coaching and mentoring, 1:1s, and performance reviews
- Strong communication skills - having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership.
Managed by Q at a glance
Managed by Q focuses on Enterprise Software, Services, Professional Services, Technology, and Administrative. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Managed by Q has raised $72.925M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.managedbyq.com