Graphic/UI Designer£1k – £2k
The product team sits at the heart of development at Mallzee. We work hard to make sure our revolutionary mobile shopping apps solve real problems for our users, and that they look and feel great. As our new graphic designer you will join an established team of app, web and back-end data developers, data scientists and product managers, and you’ll work closely with our UX designer to make our mobile and web products beautiful, delightful, intuitive and consistent.
What you will be working on
As our in-house graphic designer, you will be responsible for making the Mallzee apps and websites pixel perfect and enjoyable to interact with. You can design with a strong visual hierarchy and incorporate subtle animations that reinforce the user experience. You will maintain, develop and enforce our brand identity, and make sure all our materials - digital and print - are recognisably Mallzee. Together with our UX and development team, you will work on high-fidelity prototypes to put our vision into production. You’re willing to go against the norm to create experiences that change the way people shop forever. You’ll also work with the marketing team to craft targeted campaigns that will be seen by millions, and ensure that our sales team have great collateral available at all times.
- An experienced graphic designer with a degree and proven track record working with digital and mobile app designs
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of device and platform design guidelines
- Great at translating design concepts and wireframes into high-fidelity prototypes for our developers to implement
- Creative and innovative, constantly finding new ways to delight our users with designs and animation
- Exceptional in your attention to detail
- A self-starter who shows initiative and takes ownership
- Good at taking feedback, critiquing, discussing and improving your own work
- Experienced with concepts of branding and brand management
- Digitally curious and staying up-to-date with trends and industry changes
- Focused on creating unique and enjoyable experiences for the end user
- A wizard at tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- A chance to make a real difference to millions of users
- A great team environment, with talented colleagues working on the latest tech
- A competitive salary, based on experience and potential
- A shiny new Mac with the software you need to work
- Access to staff share options pool
- Show & Tell Fridays with drinks & snacks
- Free team lunch every month
- A yearly retreat with the whole company
- A generous training budget and personal development
- Unlimited tea, or coffee from our top-end coffee machine plus lots and lots of cake
To come join the team at Mallzee, please send us your portfolio with previous work. We’d love to see examples where you’ve made a significant impact on users and business - ideally within e-commerce and B2C, but if you have a different background and think you can make a difference, do tell us!
Send us your CV, portfolio and an introduction to let us know why you want to work at Mallzee and why you are the right person to take us to the next level of our journey. We look forward to meeting you!
Meet your team
Mallzee at a glance
Mallzee focuses on E-Commerce, Analytics, Big Data, and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in London and Edinburgh. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Mallzee has raised $5.074M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.