Consumer app powering actionable insights for brands and retailers
Data Analyst£1k – £2k • 0.0% – 0.1%
You will be working to revolutionise how retail operates by understanding the effects of this data on user behaviour and the retail industry as a whole and applying this learning to the products Mallzee produces.
We are specifically looking for someone that is a strong communicator to complement our team with a deep knowledge of statistical techniques and modelling frameworks.
What are we looking for?
- A numerate degree: Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience dealing with large data sets and the challenges they provide
- Strong knowledge of Statistics
- Experience of statistical testing of experiments
- Attaching errors to metrics, validating relevance of results
- Modelling dependencies and analysing multivariate datasets
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to understand and run regression analyses, classification tasks, clustering techniques
- General Python proficiency
- Solid experience with the PyData stack: Scipy, Pandas, Jupyter
- Experienced in SQL
- A passion for data science and its impact/presence in the industrial world
- NLP/Computer Vision – General knowledge/quick grasp of unstructured data techniques for text and images
- Coding abilities and general tech
- Ability to quickly grasp other languages
- Knowledge of noSQL databases
- Github savvy, quick to learn tools and methodologies
- Team player. Cooperation is key as we are a very close team
- Fast learner, not afraid of not knowing things and be comfortable with saying so
- Eye for quality and attention to detail
- Organised. Documenting work with the whole team
What do we provide?
- Competitive salary
- Team breakfast every Monday
- Yearly team retreat
- Training budget
- Central and well kitted out office
- Fizz Fridays
- Continual development and exposure to multiple parts of a fast growing tech company
Please send your CV including a brief introduction to yourself, a link to relevant projects you have worked on and a bit about why you want to work with us :)
Meet your team
Mallzee at a glance
Mallzee focuses on E-Commerce, Analytics, Big Data, and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in London and Edinburgh. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Mallzee has raised $5.074M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.