Fun learning for kids, using games
Full Stack Developer₹5L – ₹8L • No equity
We believe that learning should be fun - especially for young kids who are our future. We build smartphone and tablet based games, which delight kids, while they learn and practice Math.
Who Do We Hire?
At Makkajai, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate, build and break things so that kids could have the best learning experience possible.
Our challenges are big - impacting millions of kids worldwide and our path is not always easy. We’re selective about who joins us on this journey. There’s a certain kind of person who takes on the challenges of game development at Makkajai.
Someone excited by the idea of owning; People who like to build new products, features and services from scratch, developers who can manage the ambiguity and pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in days, not months.
Full Stack Developer - Anywhere in India
Exp Range: 2-4 Years
We are looking for smart and driven Full Stack Developers to join our team in Pune. The work involves -
- Building learning games (using Unity).
- Maintaining and enhancing existing suite of learning games.
- Designing and writing code in any Object Oriented programming language - writing cross-platform code that works on multiple device formats
- Iterative development and playtesting with kids
- Constant self learning to improve skills
- Work closely with other team members - pedagogy experts, game designers, testers, marketing - to ensure that the products we build are a success.
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, OOPS, data structures and algorithms
- Strong programming skills in any of the OOP languages.
- Good knowledge of SQL and at least one database
- Should be familiar with basic design patterns and other coding standards and other good practices.
- Practical coding experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of MAC, UNIX or Linux systems
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and discipline to able to work remotely
Good To Haves
- Exposure to C++/C#/Java and Objective C.
- Exposure to Unity.
- Any game-making experience
- Any mobile app development experience.
- Open to learning new programming languages and frameworks
- Remote working experience
If you are up for the challenge, apply via Angelist and join us in making a difference for millions of kids around the world.
- Remote-first working - work from anywhere (permanently). You can choose to work from our office in Pune once the Covid-19 situation improves - or like most of us, just continue to work remotely.
- Small team - fast paced work, small company culture, work that matters
- Company sponsored Medical insurance for you and your family (5 lakhs floater - covers your dependent parents as well).
- Best hardware - all our developers generally get top of the line MacBook pros to work with, along with some budget for your workspace (say a monitor). Your time is precious, so anything that makes it more efficient is welcome.
- Work-life balance - We are essentially a calm company. Normal expectation of work is 40 hours a week on average. Weekends are mostly yours, unless there is a real emergency (which happens very rarely).
- Unique, asynchronous first work-culture - Minimal meetings. Written updates. Check out some of our work principles.
Makkajai at a glance
Makkajai focuses on K-12 Education, Educational Games, and Education Technology. Their company has offices in Pune. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.makkajai.com