Online marketplace and community to discover and collect rare digital art
Software Engineer (Front-end)$80k – $160k • 0.2% – 1.5%
MakersPlace is looking for a front-end product engineer who’ll be responsible for building across all parts of the MakersPlace product, delivering only the highest impact product and features. You’ll be responsible for ideation, development, testing, evaluation and iteration to deliver the best product to our creators and consumers. You’ll be joining a world-class engineering team who have hands-on experience building highly scalable services and successful engineering teams at Pinterest.
- Ideate, develop and iterate upon new and existing features for the MakersPlace creator platform and consumer marketplace.
- Build, scale and maintain our client applications and APIs.
- Develop internal applications to simplify and scale any inefficiencies and manual processes.
- Be a leader, be bold and get things done.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (2+ years programming).
- Strong customer-first mindset, necessary to build a world-class product.
- Strong communication skills. We’re a highly collaborative team.
- Experience with a dynamic programming language such as Python. Web and Solidity experience is a plus.
- Passion for empowering creators.
- Bootstrap, JS
- Python, Django, Celery, Redis and MySQL
- Solidity, Geth and IPFS
Not required, but we promise to respond to anyone who completes our coding exercise: https://medium.com/makersplace/are-you-a-maker-join-us-b53e5d9e5280
MakersPlace was founded by seasoned product and engineering leaders, former YC founders, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley. Our founders include senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering.
Meet your team
MakersPlace at a glance
MakersPlace focuses on Content Creators, Ecommerce, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, MakersPlace has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.