An expert founder's secret weapon
Full-Stack Engineer$110k – $150k • 0.05% – 0.5%
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
The issue: governments are great at governing, but terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them.
MainStreet is the solution: we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets $51K+.
Your mission – if you choose to accept it – is to help us build and streamline the customer experience of qualifying and claiming these credits, add new API endpoints to support new features, and help us solve the next set of technical challenges we’ll face supporting 200+ credits. We’re growing quickly and are looking for someone to jump in and roll up their sleeves.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, Backend Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
A note on diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or sales – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
- Manage design & development of new features on top of the current onboarding, working with our design team to create interfaces & implement API endpoints
- Work closely with the product team to balance internal goals and product perfection – we ship often so you won’t have to wait weeks to see your work in production
- Own green-field projects from end-to-end – there’s so much we haven’t built yet :)
In your first month, you will
- Have a one-on-one with every member of the company – we’re 15 right now
- Get a deep understanding of our currently supported incentive programs, how these programs function, and our roadmap
- Shadow a sales phone call to get an understanding of how our product is sold
- Own a feature from idea to live in production
- Make product and infrastructure improvement recommendations and take ownership of implementing high priority changes
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with a modern front-end framework such as React or Vue
- Experience with Express and can architect RESTful services and using concepts such as batching, versioning, and idempotency.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and domain modeling
- A focus on consumer experience and a design to own problems end-to-end including collaboration with the design and product management teams
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Ability to work with production systems, sensitive customer, and support issues
- Experience with the Google Cloud environment and Google Cloud configuration
- Experience with Typescript, Go, Python, and MySQL
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $110K - $150K base, depending on experience and location
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential stock options based on experience
- Generous vacation policy, with additional PTO to volunteer & vote
We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out.
Meet your team
MainStreet at a glance
MainStreet focuses on Enterprise Software, Search, Finance, Startups, and Accounting. Their company has offices in New York City, Austin, Chicago, Silicon Valley, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, MainStreet has raised $2.65M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.