An expert founder's secret weapon
Senior Front-end Engineer$120k – $150k • 0.05% – 0.5%
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
The issue: governments are great at governing, but terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them.
MainStreet is the solution: we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets $51K+.
Your mission – if you choose to accept it – is to help us build and streamline the front-end experience of qualifying and claiming these credits. We’re growing quickly and are looking for someone to jump in and roll up their sleeves.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, Backend Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
A note on diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or sales – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
- Lead design & development of new features on top of the current onboarding and company portal, helping us to structure our components in a re-usable manner
- Work closely with the design team to balance launch timelines and product perfection – we ship often so you won’t have to wait weeks to see your work in production
- Act as the technical lead of the front-end engineering team as we grow
In your first month, you will
- Have a one-on-one with every member of the company – we’re 15 right now
- Get a deep understanding of our currently supported incentive programs, how these programs function, and our roadmap
- Shadow a sales phone call to get an understanding of how our product is sold
- Own a feature from idea to live in production
- Make product and infrastructure improvement recommendations and take ownership of implementing high priority changes
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience optimizing React in production systems for performance and developer experience
- Experience using a state management such as Context / MobX / Redux
- Has mentored junior developers and/or been a technical lead on a front-end focused team
- Taken an idea and owned the design, implementation, and launch process
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Ability to work with production systems, sensitive customer, and support issues
- Used Express and/or Typescript in production system
- Experience hosting and monitoring a production React Application
- Experience with the Google Cloud environment and Google Cloud configuration
- Passionate about startups, finance, accounting, and taxes, or all of the above
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $120K - $150K base, depending on experience and location
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential stock options based on experience
- Generous vacation policy, with additional PTO to volunteer & vote
We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com and we’ll reach out.
Meet your team
MainStreet at a glance
MainStreet focuses on Enterprise Software, Search, Finance, Startups, and Accounting. Their company has offices in New York City, Austin, Chicago, Silicon Valley, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, MainStreet has raised $2.65M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.