IoT Security Platform
Senior Software Engineer - Backend/Cloud$100k – $101k • 0.001% – 0.001%
In a fast-paced startup environment, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of highly-available and scalable backend components and services, optimized for performance. As a member of the MagicCube team, you will work closely with the Product team to build new features and infrastructure.
All jobs are on-premise; no remotes.
Santa Clara, California, USA
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Must be able to legally work for any employer in the respective location (US or Australia)
Salary is dependent on experience. We offer 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a generous equity program.
1. Experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services
2. Demonstrable, hands-on coding experience in some or all of the following:
- Java, node.js, GO
- SQL & NoSQL databases
- Git, bash, python
- Event-driven and multithreaded programming
3. Deep familiarity with the architecture, design, and development of RESTful webservices and of microservice architecture
4. Reasonably comfortable with:
- PKI concepts & infrastructure, symmetric/assymetric cryptography, certs...etc
- Clustering, Containerization, and Deployment tech stacks such as Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, or, preferably, HashiCorp™ Nomad & Consul
4. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
5. Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
7. Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently AND collaboratively with other team members
Work Environment, Culture
- We put significantly higher value on practical industry experience
- We are not process-heavy; only enough to ensure code quality
- Critical thinking and creativity are of paramount importance
MagicCube at a glance
MagicCube focuses on Mobile Security, Cyber Security, Connected Devices, and Connected Cars. Their company has offices in Santa Clara. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, MagicCube has raised $10.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.