Encounter the next era of computing
Jobs at Magic Leap
Software Engineer, Computer Vision Tools - Contractor
Posted 5 months ago
Job Description The Computer Vision Data team at Magic Leap is responsible for creating large scale datasets for training, building and validating Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms. In this role, you will work on creating tools for integrating ground truth data sources with Magic...
Latest Stories and News
- this week
- Magic Leap CEO Rony Abovitz confirmed he has raised a new round of funding, and he also said that he will step down as the augmented reality company’s top executive.
- In a statement, Abovitz confirmed rumors that the company had raised a last-minute round of funding, but he didn’t say where it came from and he didn’t say the amount raised.
- Abovitz is to be applauded for the vision that got the company to its valuation in the billions of dollars. But it is probably a good time to find someone who can make a business out of all of that value.
- The Information
- 1 week ago
- Magic Leap CEO Rony Abovitz told employees Thursday his struggling augmented reality firm had raised $350 million from existing and new investors.
- Last valued at over $6.4 billion, Magic Leap has raised over $2.5 billion from investors including Google, Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, Temasek, AT&T and Fidelity.
- The startup was never able to achieve Abovitz’s vision of making its augmented reality technology a mainstream product.
- Abovitz has proven to be an indefatigable fundraiser.
- 2 weeks ago
- Spatial is changing up its strategy - starting today, it's making its collaboration platform available for free, and it's also broadening access by adding support for web browsers, iPhone, Android and the Oculus Quest.
- By removing the barriers to its service, the company is aiming to attract users looking for something more engaging than a chaotic Zoom call.
- Not every company needs to hold meetings in Spatial just yet. At the moment, it's best suited for outfits that could really take advantage of 3D collaboration, especially if they regularly work with product renders.
Magic Leap is turning to a major health care company to save its future, potentially raising as much as $100 million
- Business Insider
- 3 weeks ago
- Magic Leap is looking to raise money from a major health company in order to protect its future.
- Magic Leap CEO Rony Abovitz told staff in a memo that the company had signed a term sheet with "a major health care company" to drive its strategy forward.
- The talk of a deal with a health care company had been swirling around internally for some time, and that Magic Leap was hoping to secure $100 million from the deal.
- The name of the company itself is not yet known - the one being passed around internally is Zimmer Biomet, which is based in Warsaw, Indiana, and develops treatments for bone and joint injuries.
- 1 month ago
- Mojo Vision, which is building an augmented reality contact lens, announced it secured another $51 million in funding, bringing its total to more than $159 million.
- The funding was led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), with participation from Gradient Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Dolby Family Ventures, Motorola Solutions Venture Capital and others. Mojo Vision declined to disclose what its valuation was but did say it rose with the new funding.
- It's unclear when Mojo Vision's smart contacts will make their way to market, but the company has been discussing the tech more publicly in the past year. During the annual CES in Las Vegas this January, Mojo Vision showed off a prototype allowing people to see text, sports scores, weather and other information in a lens held just in front of their eye.